GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
A lot of the "won't be caught dead" driving a minivan thing seems silly to me. If you need space and don't go off-road, suck it up and get the minivan! :p

It's funny - at different points in time sedans were really boring and nobody wanted a four door. Now, sport sedans are among the fastest cars you can get. Nobody seems to think that the CST-V or M5 isn't desirable because it has four doors.

Similarly, the station wagon once had the same stigma the minivan now has. Now sport wagons are rehabilitating the image of station wagons.

Too bad someone like Pontiac won't/can't do the same thing for minvans - come out with something with some styling and performance ... something you'd want even if you didn't need it. Chrysler has tried with the Pacifica. Nissan is trying with the Quest. But, I don't think anybody has quite hit the mark yet.

As many people have already said, none of these minivans seem to even come close to something you buy 'cause you want it. Like the boring sedans and wagon of yore, people will buy them becuase they need them, and measured by that, they probably aren't too bad for the price.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
What makes the Pontiac sportier than the Chevrolet and Saturn versions? I understand that Buick is meant to be upscale, and the Pontiac more sporty, but how does it attempt to differentiate itself? Also, these vans have another selling point; they come with AWD. DC dropped the option to make room for sto-n-go, and Toyota Sienna is now the only non-GM van with the option. :D <_<

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by surferdude00711@May 16 2004, 05:14 PM
What makes the Pontiac sportier than the Chevrolet and Saturn versions? I understand that Buick is meant to be upscale, and the Pontiac more sporty, but how does it attempt to differentiate itself?
I encourage e-mails like this to "contact us" at Pontiac.com - they need a wake up call. There is no real difference beyond the grille - I've seen photos of the Uplander also with a black/charcoal interior I thought was unique to the SV6.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Feb 1 2004, 01:47 PM
OMG, I actually like it! :lol:

Clearly the best looking of the bunch, it makes me wonder if the rest had their grilles designed around this one.
None of this changes the fact that from the rear it probably looks the same (why there are no photos of that) and it reuses several elements from the others.
This grille is what the Aztek should have been sold with. Much softer and less wacky.
MUCH better than the Montana:
I caught a glimpse of one of these beasts in 3D this morning on US60 in Mesa on its way to the Desert Proving Grounds. Or was it a Terraza with a Pontiac grille ;) While the upright grille looks a little better than the current Montana, the main reason official pix are taken from below is so you don't notice the huge gap between the windshield and the Groucho Marx nose on this abomination. The gap has got to be 5 inches PLUS the edge of the hood is probably 3 or 4" higher than the base of the windshield. The rest of the exterior of this vehicle appears identical to the current Montana - right down to the tailgate which PMD and Buick forgot to put on their websites.

I took some pictures, but since I can't see any difference between mine and the official photos (with the exception of the Terraza wheels), I won't bother posting. If somebody wants them to host and post, let me know.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts