GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
the most original looking one, and still a compleate dissapointment, even for a minivan....

i just wish they all at least looked different from the front.

·
Registered
44,167 Posts
<_< I've never been so excited for a new car in my life. <_<

I still like the original TranSport Dustbuster Van.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Originally posted by mgescuro@Feb 1 2004, 04:48 AM
<_< I've never been so excited for a new car in my life. <_<

I still like the original TranSport Dustbuster Van.
yeah, because if it doesn't weigh 2800lbs and sport 400 it's not exciting

then again, you're never going to buy one, so GM doesn't care about your opinion on this car. It cares about those who actually own or will buy a minivan

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
I am glad to see that they changed the interior a bit, yet they kept it looking good. Those seats look pretty comforable though... Its definitely the best looking CSV

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by 99Hugger@Feb 1 2004, 03:55 AM
best looking out of the foursome
OMG, I actually like it! :lol:

Clearly the best looking of the bunch, it makes me wonder if the rest had their grilles designed around this one.

This is a Minivan I would buy. Black, of course, with silver grille inserts. ;)

Now, please GM, just put a 3900 in there, AWD, and a 12 speaker sound system, and I'd actually be sold. (With nice incentives, of course. :p )

None of this changes the fact that from the rear it probably looks the same (why there are no photos of that) and it reuses several elements from the others.

This grille is what the Aztek should have been sold with. Much softer and less wacky.

MUCH better than the Montana:

Now, if GM had offered this vehicle to ONLY Chevy and Pontiac, I think it could have been seen as an acceptable improvement over the Venture - perhaps even worthy of the competition for the price. But "import fighter" Saturn gettin' a pushrod with a 4-speed is wrong, and Buick getting a restyled version of the Uplander is just wronger-er.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I'm with U Tahoe man, this is the best looking out of the bunch,but who in the hell desinged the front end on these things??...They're ugly....really ugly, I mena I don't understand how GM wants 2 make the CSV's a "segment buster" with the forgettable looks they've bestowed upon them (the CSV's).
Something more agressive would have been nice on all the models (well except 4 the Buick version,but that could have been worlds better). Right now all I see it hte Minivan equivalent of the current MC and if U don't know I hate it styling.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by Ming+Feb 1 2004, 09:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ming @ Feb 1 2004, 09:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-99Hugger@Feb 1 2004, 03:55 AM
best looking out of the foursome
OMG, I actually like it! :lol:

Clearly the best looking of the bunch, it makes me wonder if the rest had their grilles designed around this one.

This is a Minivan I would buy. Black, of course, with silver grille inserts. ;)

Now, please GM, just put a 3900 in there, AWD, and a 12 speaker sound system, and I'd actually be sold. (With nice incentives, of course. :p )

None of this changes the fact that from the rear it probably looks the same (why there are no photos of that) and it reuses several elements from the others.

This grille is what the Aztek should have been sold with. Much softer and less wacky.

MUCH better than the Montana:

Now, if GM had offered this vehicle to ONLY Chevy and Pontiac, I think it could have been seen as an acceptable improvement over the Venture - perhaps even worthy of the competition for the price. But "import fighter" Saturn gettin' a pushrod with a 4-speed is wrong, and Buick getting a restyled version of the Uplander is just wronger-er. [/b][/quote]
I'd take the Montanas exterior and put the SV6's interior in it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Originally posted by casket_demon@Feb 1 2004, 01:50 PM
I'm with U Tahoe man, this is the best looking out of the bunch,but who in the hell desinged the front end on these things??...They're ugly....really ugly, I mena I don't understand how GM wants 2 make the CSV's a "segment buster" with the forgettable looks they've bestowed upon them (the CSV's).
Something more agressive would have been nice on all the models (well except 4 the Buick version,but that could have been worlds better). Right now all I see it hte Minivan equivalent of the current MC and if U don't know I hate it styling.
Let me ditto everything that Demon said and add this.

Bob Lutz, why the F did you let this happen? Have you spent so much time on Halo cars like the Solstice and Corvette that you let this crap slip by? Corvettes and Solstices will get them in the doors but these minivans and the other cars are what they end up buying.

·
Registered
68 Posts
gm is beginning to be another dissapointment lately. Maybe it is time i switch my tastes to another brand. Lutz is not doing his job; their styling is no better than it was 5 or 10 years ago. The interiors do look a lot better though.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
An article in this month's Motor Trend aptly sums up GM's [weak] efforts in the minivan arena: "Since Chrylser is aggressively targeting Toyota, Nissan, and Honda, GM and and Ford are left to compete with each other." When I went to the local auto show yesterday, I noticed that there was not a single person around GM's [admittedly last generation] minivans or Ford's/Mercury's new minivans, but there were scores of people, myself included, around the Nissan Quest. Now I'm the first person to rag on Nissan, mostly because I dislike the unfair positive press that their generally mediocre, sub-par quality cars and trucks get. I would rather drives shards of bamboo under my fingernails than drive a Nissan... you get the point. But I [privately] had to admit that the Quest's interior, which I think is probably more of the selling point of any minivan, clearly outclasses GM's new minivans (excuse me, "CSV's").

It seems like the negative reviews that GMI members have been given these vans reflects a generally positive outlook for the capabilities of GM's designers and engineers. When they give us great cars like the C6(!), basically the entire line-up of Cadillacs (the XLR, SRX, CTS, and even the Escalade kept drawing crowds at the auto show yesterday), the Equinox, Malibu/Maxx, upcoming G6, 9-3, and many more, these vans are horribly disappointing. I guess the bar has been raised, and these vans are the exception to the rule that GM has been building world-class vehicles of late. These will be good, reliable transportation, but you can build a great mode of transportation in this segment; GM has elected not to do that this time around. Sad, sad, sad!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Best of the 4 but GM should have spent a little more to make these look a little more unique. The "PhatNoise" system sounds very cool!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Why is everyone so happy this is the best looking of the 4?? Wouldn't it be better to be the best looking out of the competition?? Admitedly though, the interior isn't amazing but certainly on-par and WAY better then the Ford minivans. Too bad GM can't figure out how to fold the seats into the floor, instead they fake it by putting giant plastic tray.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by frenstall@Feb 1 2004, 10:32 AM
Why is everyone so happy this is the best looking of the 4?? Wouldn't it be better to be the best looking out of the competition?? Admitedly though, the interior isn't amazing but certainly on-par and WAY better then the Ford minivans. Too bad GM can't figure out how to fold the seats into the floor, instead they fake it by putting giant plastic tray.
"Figuring it out" isn't the problem. Being too cheap is.

Honda had an all new Odyssey to work with, for instance, while GM is basically doing a massive refreshening on the aging Venture platform.

I'd say they did a decent job of it, but the customer could care less with what GM had to work with --- they just want results, and GM being the world's largest automaker, they have every right to wonder why the Japanese can redesign their cars every 3 or 4 years while GM sticks to vehicles like the Cavalier, Astro, and Blazer for 2 decades.

The Venture Refresh is no exception, but at least they did the interior right.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
I present you with the Ming SV6 (Production Version, because they would never offer a chrome mesh grille ming)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts