GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Pontiac has lauched a preview presentation called 'Refueling Station', which highlights its three brand-new products. The three products, G6, Montana SV6 and Solstice are each given their own multi-media presentations as well as dates of availablitity. You can check it out here.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
In the SV6 "cargo options" animation I found something disturbing (other than the fact that it looks like a Montana with some cargo boxes in the back).

With the rear seats folded down, there appears to be nothing stopping cargo from sliding forward and *plunk!* down between or wedged behind the second row captains chairs.... :(

Perhaps I just can't see a "lip" on the rear of the rearmost seats that would stop this from happening, but it doesn't looks as "fold flat" as I had hoped from the photos I'd seen earlier. It looks like there's an obvious gap there between the rear seats and second row.

GM needs to put on the boxes: "Please put your six pack of diet coke IN the cargo tray, because if you don't - on a sudden stop it will be a missile headed straight for your radio..."

Here's another thought ---- I would be happier if GM would make TWO fold flat rows and forego the captains chairs (keep as an option). This would make it possible to have a fully "flat" load floor. But then when you open the door it will be painfully obvious that the seats aren't folding "flat" into the floor, I guess...

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found that animation kinda cool. Though I must agree, the huge gap is very disturbing. Did you notice the animation that shows the G6's roof in action. GMI brought it to you first!(Thanks Rex).

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
thats it... .when mini vans get a 3 spoke wheel, and a corvette doesnt... then we what we have here is some styling problems.
3 spoke for the Vette
4 spoke to the van...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts