GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
I really like the middle.
I don't like the back. I never liked hatchbacks that were split into 2 panels (Honda CRX, Aztek).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hand me the keys :woot2: Keep them coming, your doing some great work.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's pretty much just an altered Peugot.

Thanks for the feedback. It has helped me to decide to rework the back 1/4. I did this kind of late last night and I wasn't sure if I was unsure about the back or just tired. But I agree that it's a little funky. I'll do two versions of the new tail. One will be a wagon type hatch and the other will be more like an Integra.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I like it, very sporty and modern....make a sedan version and call it the G4, the coupe can be on a shorter wheelbase and called the G3...sounds good to me....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Your second version looks like a rice-burner to me. ;)

The third one is good though. It should have a fold down tailgate with a lift up window.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pretty hard to make a small, sporty car without it looking like a "rice burner". People just naturally associate the size as such.

keep in mind that the second and third would be two available styles. I know, that's sort of going into Civic territory, but it used to be a lot more common in American cars.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have gone back and studied my opinions of your concepts.

I dislike the second one because of the roofline. It reminds me of Asian cars.

I still like the third one.

After studying all three I have decided I like the first one best. What would the original look like with an all glass roof? or if only the rear roof glass was pushed forward to a more conventional sun roof position.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I like that. I like that alot. What size is this vehicle anyway?? Is it a 3-door G6 or is it smaller like a 3-door Vibe??

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by ChevyHoosier@Jul 16 2004, 09:51 PM
I like that.  I like that alot.  What size is this vehicle anyway??  Is it a 3-door G6 or is it smaller like a 3-door Vibe??
It would be smaller than a Vibe. Think Acura RSX with a little more room for legs and engine.

Here's your glass roof version of the original. I left a cross piece at the back to aid in strength. Otherwise it would be too unstable at the C pillar.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts