GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I look at any pics of the Grand Prix, I feel that the front fascia is just TOO damn bold. So I couldn't help but give this car a new look. So I gave it a look simular to the G6 while keeping some GP traits. I hope you all like it :D

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
well done. perfect proportions, and i agree that the toned-down front looks better. kinda GX/P-ish. what i noticed last night (stuck in traffic behind a GP) was that the rearend is very odd. the way the trunk bulges to meet with the tailights looks kinda goofy. feel like doing a rear 3/4 view?!?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Great drawing. B)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by paul8488@Jun 4 2004, 02:44 PM
well done. perfect proportions, and i agree that the toned-down front looks better. kinda GX/P-ish. what i noticed last night (stuck in traffic behind a GP) was that the rearend is very odd. the way the trunk bulges to meet with the tailights looks kinda goofy. feel like doing a rear 3/4 view?!?
Sure, If you want a rear view, I'll give you one. I might not have it ready to post until Sunday though. Would you also like an interior to with it too??

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
MUCH, MUCH better.

Lutz should have hired you. Instead they got an Alvin the Chipmunk grille.

At least the G6 got the proportions right for the most part.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by blackviper8891+Jun 4 2004, 03:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blackviper8891 @ Jun 4 2004, 03:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-paul8488@Jun 4 2004, 02:44 PM
Sure, If you want a rear view, I'll give you one. I might not have it ready to post until Sunday though. Would you also like an interior to with it too?? [/b][/quote]
ah, a designer at my beck and call! s'up to you dude... whatever you feel like drawing! if you're bored and looking for ideas, perhaps you could turn your pencil loose on the aztek. ha! next design contest... we'll call it "the swan 2: mission aztek un-uglify!"

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Nice drawing...you definitely should work for GM, they could learn a lot. Hey, I would love to see a rear 3/4 and interior views, if you're up to it.

·
Registered
922 Posts
MMMM that looks a lot better. The current GP is nice but there is always that feeling that something just needs to be tweaked on the fascia, this looks good.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok ...I will have an interior and a rear posted Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for all the comments.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Jun 4 2004, 03:41 PM
MUCH, MUCH better.

Lutz should have hired you.  Instead they got an Alvin the Chipmunk grille.

Unfortunately, the current Fascia is all LUTZ himself... he isn't the saviour that everyone makes him out to be. That being said, the GP is selling VERY well... and althought the design could be more refined - I still like it better than the Maxima or Altima.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
WHOA! YOU ARE SO AWESOME THAT I CAN'T FIGURE OUT ANOTHER WORD HOW TO DESCRIBE YOU! PERFECT DRAWING!!! :D

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Wheel wells suffer from GTOitis, U should consider making them appear equal size.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by blackviper8891@Jun 4 2004, 09:36 AM
Whenever I look at any pics of the Grand Prix, I feel that the front fascia is just TOO damn bold. So I couldn't help but give this car a new look. So I gave it a look simular to the G6 while keeping some GP traits. I hope you all like it :D

looks familiar..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry for the long *** wait but I lost my internet then my computer went on the fritz. But here are the rear and interior views.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Jun 4 2004, 03:41 PM
MUCH, MUCH better.

Lutz should have hired you. Instead they got an Alvin the Chipmunk grille.

Yeah I concur. Lutz needs to hire you man. All of your drawings are very well done. I like your Grand Prix much better than the actual car. You really did a nice clean up job. You should have been the one doing the refresh of the for 03 Cavalier.

Darc Requiem

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
My biggest complaint about the GP is the odd looking rear. It is harder to make out the differences in your drawing, but I still like your 3/4 drawing of the rear taillights better than the actual car. The front is very nice also! I also like your C-pillar and roofline curvature (especially in the front view) better than the actual GP's. In the actual car it is slightly odd, but the way you drew it cleaned it up to look more smooth and refined.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts