GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by thatoneguy@Jun 9 2004, 04:04 PM
just plain horrible.. if you can see why people dislike it why did you post it?
people should only post stuff everyone will like? he said he can undertanad why some might not like it... not that everyone would hate it. and everyone doesn't hate it. variety is the spice of life... and rex be spicing things up! not thinking outside the box is why GM has 4 nearly identical minivans coming out.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by T-Keith@Jun 9 2004, 07:14 PM
Pontiac can take on the smaller, more sporty cars, with a stiffer ride and better handling. Buick can cover the fast luxury cars.
i hope GM is thinking along the same line as you. smaller, more specific divisions can most appropriately focus on smaller market segements. throughout the 90's it seems that most GM divisions were trying to diversify and be everything to everyone. that's why pontiac doesn't live up to its 'performance division' reputation (well i think it's getting close again, but not 100% there yet). GX/P models are the way to go... the wave is not.

the divisions need cast-in-stone mission statements. every pontiac should be more powerful than an equivalent chevrolet. every chevrolet should present the best GM value. the ride in a buick should be smoother and more refined than all other GM divisions. cadillac should offer more technology and advanced engineering than buick and pontiac. saturn should offer vehicles matched very closely to toyota and honda offerings. GMC could either be buick trucks, or hardcore, professional-grade chevrolet trucks.

while GM seems to be well on it's way to providing distinct products for it's many marques, i hope it's something they're taking very seriously.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.