GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
nice use of the GTO wheels. I dont like the waterfall Linc/Buck grill at all! Gotta be honeycomb if its a Pontiac. It doesnt look very Pontiac-like. Too much Magnum in it also. Looks a lot like the Insignia from Opel and its Buick kissing cousin, the Velite. Lower it, add some more smooth cruves and more agressive, more areodymanic nose.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
v2.0 is better, but I think it needs to be less 300C in size. I do like the heritage Vertical headlights but maybe something more like the STS's headlights. Also, a sharper nose and have a more aerodynamic nose to it. big blunt noses like on the 300, reminds people of high end like Bently and Rolls. A Pontiac sedan needs to be a lot more agressive. Maybe add more Bonnie with a touch of G6 in it?

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
See, I disagree with you Rex, I dont think Pontiac should go after the 300, that should be left up to Buick. Pontiac can go after the Charger as Dodge has taken on the "sporty" side of the DCX. A large Buick sedan powerd by a either a 3.6 V6 making 255hp or a big LS2 V8 with 6spd auto would be fantastic do go against the 300 class. Keep it the high 20's to low 40's and that would be a great car. It would outclass the 300 by a lot, which doesnt seem to hard to do. The car looks nice, but the interior isnt up to where Buick needs to be. A lexus-like interior for Buick ontop of a stellar chassis along with AWD option would make this a clear winner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.