GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
it looks...interesting....kinda like a crossover sedan. Very cool just a bit unorthodox, maybe lower it a touch and give it lower profile tires...then you'd ahve a real CMG 300 competitor

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by bakerna@Jun 8 2004, 08:08 PM
it looks...interesting....kinda like a crossover sedan. Very cool just a bit unorthodox, maybe lower it a touch and give it lower profile tires...then you'd ahve a real CMG 300 competitor
Yeah, I agree... That, or it would make a great El camino typ vehicle...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hmm... NIce. Looks like it's ready to give the Magnum a run for its money. I just hope Pontiac wouldn't fall into the alpha-numeric naming game. It's caused some confusion already in the automotive world.

The mirrors look mismatched though.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
nice use of the GTO wheels. I dont like the waterfall Linc/Buck grill at all! Gotta be honeycomb if its a Pontiac. It doesnt look very Pontiac-like. Too much Magnum in it also. Looks a lot like the Insignia from Opel and its Buick kissing cousin, the Velite. Lower it, add some more smooth cruves and more agressive, more areodymanic nose.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Reminds me too much of the Aztec. Future Pontiacs should look more like the G6 and Grand Prix and less like the Aztec and Bonneville SSEi.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
v2.0 is better, but I think it needs to be less 300C in size. I do like the heritage Vertical headlights but maybe something more like the STS's headlights. Also, a sharper nose and have a more aerodynamic nose to it. big blunt noses like on the 300, reminds people of high end like Bently and Rolls. A Pontiac sedan needs to be a lot more agressive. Maybe add more Bonnie with a touch of G6 in it?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Original was a Rover:

I don't see any Aztek in my design. I can see why the like/dislike factor is there. It's a different direction for Pontiac.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by thatoneguy@Jun 9 2004, 12:04 PM
just plain horrible.. if you can see why people dislike it why did you post it?
Your initial "horrible" comment is not at all constructive criticism. If you beleive it to be horrible, then say WHY.

You might not like the design, but it doesn't mean that the work involved wasn't well done. Some credit should at least be given to that.

As far as why I posted it, I'm proud of my work. Whether people like the design or not. And if you read all the replies, most people don't dislike it, they simply don't think it's a great idea for the next Pontiac design theme.

Making just another Bonneville or G6 clone isn't what I had in mind. GM needs something to compete with the 300C. I think the Pontiac division should be the maker of that car. I needed a bold design.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by thatoneguy@Jun 9 2004, 04:04 PM
just plain horrible.. if you can see why people dislike it why did you post it?
people should only post stuff everyone will like? he said he can undertanad why some might not like it... not that everyone would hate it. and everyone doesn't hate it. variety is the spice of life... and rex be spicing things up! not thinking outside the box is why GM has 4 nearly identical minivans coming out.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I don't find your chop to be a direction Pontiac should take.
Both versions the grill and head lights are weird. I hope Pontiac does not take your name either. Bonneville is a good name with good history.
As much as the next big Pontiac needs to look different than the current car. The Rover is not a place for inspiration. The lines of the Maserati sedan would make a better car to steal I mean borrow from. Aggressive but clean lines. You did improve on the Rover but 'silk purse from a sows ear'

1 - 20 of 35 Posts