GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
True or not, that's really an excellent car for Pontiac. It'd be simple enough to produce (with it sharing at least the face and most interior bits with the G8), and could potentially be different enough from the Camaro to actually make sense.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Given how tightly intertwined Pontiac & Holden have become.........I'd lean more towards 'fact' than 'fiction'........who knows though, esp. with Putz & CAFE being total killjoys nowadays.....

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd go for the real. Somehow it just feels real. But 3yrs, maybe this is the April part of it. Seems just too long. I mean it's not like they produce a totally new car. Besides, the styling will be totally worn by then. Long life-cycles in a models styling is not a winning formula these days. So if this is real, then it will happen a loooot sooner.

The Camaro might be the controversy here, but then again, it's not like it alrady has a version on sale yet. It stands on its own. Even the CTS coupe will be out sooner than 3 years.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I'd go for the real. Somehow it just feels real. But 3yrs, maybe this is the April part of it. Seems just too long. I mean it's not like they produce a totally new car. Besides, the styling will be totally worn by then. Long life-cycles in a models styling is not a winning formula these days. So if this is real, then it will happen a loooot sooner.

The Camaro might be the controversy here, but then again, it's not like it alrady has a version on sale yet. It stands on its own. Even the CTS coupe will be out sooner than 3 years.
I'm not so sure. Pontiac doesn't usually get a lot to dish out. They get the G8 and the G8 GXP for '08, early '09. The Sport Truck sometime '09. Then most likely the G8 Coupe for 2010. Isn't that when VE gets an MCE anyhow? Maybe they build the Monaro first, then when demand dies down start sending over some G8 coupes?
Plus it would give the Camaro a year to get on it's feet.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Very nice car. That's another good step in building excitement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts