GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wouldnt mind my GTP so much if it wasn't front wheel drive. Everybody is shocked to hear its still front wheel and not rear. Also the manual G6's are so hard to locate, they need to make those more accessible. I will never own another automatic Pontiac.. doesnt do the car justice sometimes.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I like it a lot. If it happens though, and the Alpha platforms spawns the next G6, as well as a new Torana... how about naming them both the Torana, please? I know it has history in Oz, and some of y'all might not like seeing it as a Pontiac... but if it's still a Holden too, would it be that big of a deal? I just hate the name G6, especially if there is a nearly identical version that has a much cooler name.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
I LOVE IT. The concept and your take on it. Some of the details get erased with your larger fenders and plainer sides...but wow. If that was on teh street today...would be amazing.

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys,
And Bravada, I like the original too but did this pumped up version in response to some Americans and Aussies who thought it looked too Euro. Of course you and I like the more elegant European styling, but the pumped version would definitely have more 'presence' on the road, which is what many look for in a car that could go up against the 3-Series.

Smoothcat said:
...how about naming them both the Torana, please? I know it has history in Oz, and some of y'all might not like seeing it as a Pontiac... but if it's still a Holden too, would it be that big of a deal? I just hate the name G6, especially if there is a nearly identical version that has a much cooler name.
I don't think any Aussies would mind if this were called a Pontiac Torana, I think the problem would come from Americans objecting.

;)

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
MonaroSS said:
I don't think any Aussies would mind if this were called a Pontiac Torana, I think the problem would come from Americans objecting.

;)
yeah we love our G6...

Torana is a great car with a great name. I want one.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
As can be seen from the Vibe, Pontiacs will have that new angular grill. Put that on the snout and you're probably close -- assuming the Torana makes it here as a G6.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
On the side where the Pontiac logo is, I think the design element that is on the side of the Solstice right behind the front wheels where the arrowhead is at would look cool. It would help break up the side of your concept and add some detail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts