GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think this car is Awsome! Yes it is a little different that the concept, but it didnt get worse. This looks like nothing else GM has produced. If this doesnt help bring over some people who dont like GM cars I dont know what will. Hope that roof doesnt leak :eek:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well, at least GM got one car right.

I really think the styling is well done and the interior is nice.

It's still just a little commuter car, but it's one damn nice little commuter car.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Wow...looks like an Acura TL with a cheaper interior. Congratulations GM...

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think it looks like a little Grand Prix, which is what it is supposed to be.

*edit*

After reviewing the Acura TL car, I think you're right.

Oh well, I guess I shouldn't be suprised.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The interior isnt that bad, it look alot better than some pontiacs, but I agree is a little less than the concept. Hopefully the put that money they saved from a unique interior, into the chassis etc. Glad to see you liked it TA!

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I think this will be a great car in 250+ hp trim. The styling, though, just isn't as swoopy as the concepts, but it is ideal for those considering V-6 Accords. I think it gives GM a great 1-2-3 punch with the Malibu and Malibu Maxx.

I know I'm biased, and I know I'm a Chevy guy, as I still prefer the more formal styling of the Malibu, and the more Pimp-daddy styling of the Maxx, but this car will have some Pontiac salespeople really excited, and I'm glad for them.

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice. I wonder why it didn't have dual exhausts. Maybe the GTP/GXP will have them.

I can't wait for the coupe and convertible (especially if it's a hardtop!). I do like the sunroof. In picture prev17 the panels look clear, but they look opaque from the top. Either way would be fine. I love it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The GXP version should be neat.

I'm not really crazy about that chrome strip that goes above the doors though, kind of takes away from the clean styling.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I like the exterior of the car very much so. It's a fresh and modern look which sits well with me.

However, I think the interior is too bland for a car that is supposed to scream "fuel for the soul". I really wish this interior was not the production version because I think most reviewers of this car will bash the car for this and like the corvette say it is the only downfall.

Its a nice car, but it doesn't lead the class in power, handling or interior :(

so close... soo damn close...

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Wow- the car is phenominal. I would have preferred a car closer to the concept in design, but this car still looks outstanding and will probably appeal to a much larger crowd. I'm not entirely pleased with the interior-- I was hoping for something a little fresher, but as long as the fit/finish is there, all should be well. But-- That sunroof thing is simply stunning... I'm still trying to scrape my jaw from the floor.

This should be an awesome car-- I hope it get great reviews. I think this is exactly what the Dr. ordered.

·
Banned
895 Posts
First Pontiac in ages that is decent looking. The new grand prix is a dog with no room and looks worse than the car it replaced. I'm still not convinced GM is serious about producing great cars. It will take more products like the G6 to offset pathetic attempts like the latest Saturns, Malibus, and the trifling cobalt 4 door.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by laserwizard@Jan 5 2004, 01:32 AM
I'm still not convinced GM is serious about producing great cars.
Huh? :huh:

Corvette? CTS? V-Series? XLR? SRX? GTO? Avalanche? SSR?...

These are some of the best-reviewed vehicles in their class, or, in some cases, pioneering a class of their own. If GM isn't serious about producing great cars, then I guess they were just kidding when they made these. :blink:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nice car but that radio has got to go. I didn't like it in the Malibu, and I especially do not like it here. I hope Navigation will be an option, that would take care of that problem.

Available 6spd Manual :bounce:

II would like to see more Pics of the interior though to see how it all fits together

·
Registered
922 Posts
Originally posted by LegendNH@Jan 5 2004, 12:40 AM
I like the exterior of the car very much so. It's a fresh and modern look which sits well with me.

However, I think the interior is too bland for a car that is supposed to scream "fuel for the soul". I really wish this interior was not the production version because I think most reviewers of this car will bash the car for this and like the corvette say it is the only downfall.

Its a nice car, but it doesn't lead the class in power, handling or interior :(

so close... soo damn close...
Who has handled it yet? I agree the concept interior would have been better, but this isnt bad. The power, well its coming but GM likes us to wait... Damn them!

·
Registered
43,961 Posts
Originally posted by coolcaddy@Jan 5 2004, 01:37 AM
This car is a great Grand Am. Why did they change the name??? Who the heck knows what a "G6" is??? :blink:
G6... isn't it the 6th generation of Grand Am? Or at least the 6th design iteration.

I wonder what Apple will call their next gen computer systems? Macintosh G6? Hmmmm...

·
Registered
43,961 Posts
:lol:
What an interesting take on a sunroof. "Ultraview" for mid-sezed passenger cars. Hee hee.
The interior is a bit bland. Needs a stip of aluminum or chrome or wood or something.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Exterior: To me is AWESOME, when the spy shots came out everyone hated the rear, ut I like it now its a 'clean' design...

Interior: I was hoping for better... But it is ok...

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I agree with TA Freak, I think the GXP should be sportier looking. The interior and exterior could use more excitement.

I like most of it - great car - but those Taurus/Neon taillights have to go, and would go if I were to buy one. Not only do they have an unpleasant shape, but they are made of some old-school cheapo red plastic.

But this is the sedan, and we've seen how different the Cobalt coupe and sedan look - I have high hopes for the G6 coupe.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts