GM Inside News Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently took my pontiac in for servicing at the local pontiac-buick-cadillac dealership in my area (kerr cadillac, in oakville, ontario). there had been a problem with my a/c last year (car's only 2 years old now!), and it seemed to me that the problem had creeped up again. i asked to have it checked while i was getting an oil change and other service. i was told nothing was wrong... they tested the system and everything was to spec. i figured hey, can't argue with that, but was shocked to see a charge of almost $50 for diagnosis.

while i understood that it took a technicians time, the car is under warranty and i truly felt there was a problem. i didn't take it in for fun, or just want to create work for them. i didn't argue with the cashier (it wasn't her decision), but emailed gmcanada. i got a phone call back promptly, and my email was forwarded to the service manager at the dealership. he called this morning to tell me that a cheque was in the mail to reimburse me! he was very friendly and helpful, so much so that next time i'd call him first and not go to GM directly. horror stories about GM dealerships had scared me off, and i assumed i wouldn't get anywhere at that level.

so just a quick kudos to my local GM service manager. it's only $50, but he took me from rather displeased to fully satisfied, and i'd go buy and service another car there in a second now. i can honestly say that i'd have thought twice otherwise. i'll admit that a car can have problems (and yes, i admit that there actually was no problem this time!), but this kind of positive support goes a long way to keeping me in the pontiac fold.

i'll need another car in a year or two... i was thinking perhaps mazda6, but am confident now that my local pontiac dealer will make every effort to keep me happy in a G6!

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Paul: I've been meaning to reply to this ever since you posted. This is the type of service that routinely is applied in -all- dealerships, import or domestic. Technicians, while greasy, tend to be of the hardworking variety, and they always try to get the job done.

GM dealerships grade their service technicians on work done right the first time, as well as customer satisfaction on their work, and they are always pressed to improve.

When you visit your dealership's service department, as to see their technicians' certifications, and you'll be surprised to see Craftsman Technicians, Master Technicians, and technicians with certifications beyond 10 years within their ranks.

Great post!

Ghrankenstein

:frankie:

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
I had a problem with my Pontiac dealer too.. When there was that recall on the 2003 GP I made an appointment to take it up (30 mins away), so I got there and the service manger stood there and didn't say anything and after a few minutes he tells me "I'm sorry, we don't have the parts for it". I was cool with that because I like the dealer, so I said "Well, just make me another appointment when you know you will have the parts". So he makes me an appointment for a week later...

So I drive up there to the dealership on my second appointment, go to the service desk, "We don't have the parts". This time I am pissed off, and I say "Well, I will take it somewhere else then, this is stupid why can you not pick up the phone and call me to tell me that the parts are not here"? "Well I found out right when I thought you were on your way" , i said "you have my cell phone number, and I told you to call it if you had not gotten the parts".

I ended up going to the General Manager of the dealership and telling him about the issue at hand, and I told him that I have drove 120 miles (both round trips) to listen to your service manager tell me that they do not have the parts.

Needless to say, last time I was up there...the service manager's name was off the roaster. :D

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by nsap@Jun 30 2004, 01:26 PM
I had a problem with my Pontiac dealer too.
only thing is i don't have a problem! my concern was addressed and corrected! i know there are good and bad dealership & service stories, but mine is a good one! they had a policy, and i'd have accepted it if that was their final decision, but they went a step beyond and bypassed their policy to please me. that's customer service!

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by nsap@Jun 30 2004, 01:41 PM
Then why is this in the complaint line, doesn't make sense. ;)
well i couldn't find anywhere else to put it, and figured it was worth sharing. as i listed in the title, i couldn't find the NO complaint line! just wanted to make sure it was clear i wasn't ragging on the dealership... they gone done good by me!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.