GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DETROIT - Designed for the 740,000-plus Sunfire coupes and convertibles built between the 1995 and 2002 model years, the all-new American Tuner package enables drivers to add image, performance and personal expression to their production Pontiac Sunfires. The Pontiac Sunfire American Tuner Package gives today's younger drivers a means of acquiring a customized compact vehicle that fits their budget.

The Pontiac American Tuner Sunfire body appearance kit is available now through GM Dealers and professional auto accessory retailers. Designed to fit easily on Sunfire coupes and convertibles built between 1995 and 2002, the kit allows enthusiasts to customize and personalize their vehicle for a sleek, aftermarket look.

Aftermarket appearance parts and accessories available for the Pontiac Sunfire from dealers and web site www.pontiacaccessories.com include the body appearance kit with front and rear fascias and body side appliqués, a custom one-piece rear spoiler and a ram air hood; and the GM Performance Parts Supercharger, boosting horsepower to 190 and torque to 190 lb.-ft. for the 2.4 liter twin-cam four. A Speed-Glo gauge kit is also available now, and an interior trim kit is planned for late 2004.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hey, what would you rather buy, a Sunfire for 1300 dollars, or this body kit??

1300 dollars is rediculous. You can buy other body kits for these cars for 700
dollars that look a whole hell of alot better than this, or even cheaper.

GM still doesn't understand. For 1300 dollars you can add nitrous oxide, a upgraded engine chip, and a cold air induction kit, a set of guage face plates, a wing, and a new shift knob(woohoo).

Another route is to buy a set of 17" rims with tires, and someone elses body kit, for about the saem money.

They're gonna sell a ton of these, LOL

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
i still think a GX/P version of the current sunfire would be a great idea. it takes the car from pretty dull to damn exciting looking. include a few real performance upgrades and let the sunfire go out with a bang.

yeah, 1700 for this kit seems a little steep. especially since i don't see a sticker anywhere!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Wow, I thought the Sunfire couldn't get any uglier.......and GM goes ahead and proves me wrong. :roflmao:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Originally posted by Maetrix66@Apr 2 2004, 07:20 AM
Hey, what would you rather buy, a Sunfire for 1300 dollars, or this body kit??

1300 dollars is rediculous. You can buy other body kits for these cars for 700
dollars that look a whole hell of alot better than this, or even cheaper.

GM still doesn't understand.

They're gonna sell a ton of these, LOL
If you go to page two, you will see a skirt kit that lists for $775 to compare to the $699 skirt kits found on the web.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yeah, I saw the SE kit.

I only have two things to say.
First, that kit is ugly, and yes, I ave seen it in person
Second, what makes the other one so much more expensive than this??
All of the extra urethane?? Please, if theres that much urethane in it, the kits gonna weigh like 800 pounds, and I don't want it.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Yay! Finally, an in-house tuner kit for America's most reliable, popular, and fun-to-drive 2-door compact sport coupe: the Sunfire! LOL :lol:

:eek: puzzled...very puzzled :eek:

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Although things are getting better at GM the suits still resort to some of there old tricks. Putting a new suit of clothes on an obsolete vehicle trying to get you to buy one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts