GM Inside News Forum banner

New Name for Lacrosse

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,570 Posts
Regal.

· Registered
4,570 Posts
Yesterday was a perfect example of why I am sick of Buick and others name hopping on vehicles.

A Gentlemen was parked behind me in a 2002 Lesabre Custom. He was walking up to his car while I was loading my bag from the gym. He says nice car and asks me what car is mine supposed to replace. LaCrosse has been on the market since fall of 2004 and a recent Buick owner cannot tell me that the LaCrosse is a replacement for Century/Regal.

I give him a quick run down on how CX and CXL models replace Century and CXS(now gone) and Super are to replace Regal. I mention this for Lucerne CX/CXL and CXS/Super for Lesabre and Park Avenue as well. What a mess.

If someone who goes to a Buick dealership is confused, what are potential customers supposed to think?

Complete stupidity on the manufacturer's part.

I agree with partner. Why did they dump names that were working for them? Regal, Century, Park Avenue, & LeSabre were their big sales sucesses of the Nineties. GM is a very stupid company sometimes.

· Registered
4,570 Posts
Should they keep the Allure name in Canada?

Why not? It is a nice name, and most of the big automakers change the name of the same model in different parts of the world.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.