GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm not too happy about the way this article reinforces the old-fogey image Buick has, I have to admit to being among those drivers who can't stand it when some slowpoke in the fast lane won't get a clue and move over...

Poll shows top slowpokes are driving a Buick
February 25, 2004

BY MATT HELMS
FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

We're not encouraging dangerous speeding. But hey, the left lane is for passing, which generally implies driving faster than others on the road.

Some people don't care about that. They're oblivious or, at worst, they're the self-appointed keepers of the speed who take policing the law into their own hands, keeping others at or near the speed limit.

When you're stuck in the left lane behind someone going way too slow, chances are we know exactly what they are driving.

more...

The poll itself

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Yeah-- this doesn't suprise me at all.... well-- actually, I was a little suprised that Mercury didn't top the list, but I see that with individual cars, the Grand Marquee does top it. I don't mind it when someone drives the speed limit-- it gets a little annoying if they are cruising at speed limit in the passing lane beside someone else--- But I REALLY hate it when someone drives far below the speed limit.-- esp if they speed up when you try to pass them. **bad memories of that evil Grand Marquee flood through mind**

·
Registered
533 Posts
Not this '93 Roadmaster Estate Wagon pilot (kids nicknammed her "battlestar")....I cruise all day long @ 85mph+...much land to cross out here in w. texas and the Texas DPS dont even bat an eye :drevil:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by markform@Feb 26 2004, 06:10 PM
I think High Intensity Discharge headlights are a menace on the road. :plasma:

They help in rural areas - but what good do they do in heavy city traffic at slow speeds? All they do is blind other drivers!! Ends up causing more accidents in my opinion.

Maybe they should have 2 levels of brightness. They could call them highway lights....just like do with fog lights now.
Um... wrong thread??? :huh:

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by markform+Feb 26 2004, 01:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (markform @ Feb 26 2004, 01:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-coolcaddy@Feb 25 2004, 10:17 PM
While I'm not too happy about the way this article reinforces the old-fogey image Buick has, I have to admit to being among those drivers who can't stand it when some slowpoke in the fast lane won't get a clue and move over...

I agree. However, I notice Buick drivers tend to stay out of the passing lanes. It's the minivans, SUVs and econoboxes who hog the left lanes the most. Sometimes I wonder if the passing lane is really the SUV/cell phone lane...

I think we should cut senior citizens a break. Someday we will all be old fogeys (hopefully) and will be looking for a little compassion from our fellow drivers....[/b][/quote]
Well gee. Now I feel guilty. :unsure:

...B)

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
I cant blame a Buicks. Usually the one that annoys me the most for slow driving are the people in 8-12 year old Hondas and Toyotas, red tape over one of the tailamps, bald or balding tires, missing hubcaps, windows down because the ac does not work, "LOST TAG" written on cardboard where their legal plate should be, no insurance of course, and about 3 un-belted children in the car, doing about 5-10 mph slower than anyone else, talking on a cell phone, I mean really, what are they talking about, are they selling their shares of ENRON? They have a $200 cell phone and a $50 car?

Also, people in fast cars, i.e Porsches, Corvettes, Bimmers, who drive slow so people can see them, while I fly past them in a lesser car. Thats pretty annoying.

And lets not even beging with the rice-mobiles with the suspensions so low that they rip concrete off the street, they cant go over 50 without the car bouncing so hard that the passengers will vomit. Large older domestic cars with tires so big that they can drive over a dog and not hit it, giant 28 inch wheels, in purple or pink.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Is this why Buick is getting Zeta first? :huh: Give the slow people a V8 and RWD so they can still drive slow.

Sorry, I had to say it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I was surprised to see that Cadillac got 9. But I suppose some people still see them as old-fogey cars.

This is just another reason that Buick needs to be completely overhauled. I feel like it's GM's neglected child. Hopefully Zeta will bring back the inspiration. Of course it could also tarnish the Zeta image which I'm assuming the new Camaro is going to be built on in 2007/2008.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts