Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Is that the best you could find ?

Votes: 2 20.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have two VY Holden Berlinas - a vespers blue 2002 sedan (wife's) and a berry red 2003 wagon (mine).

I haven't posted any pics of the sedan since my wife got rearended, so I thought that would be good, but I also need some help.

When I bought my wagon in 2004 I didn't like the stabdard 16"ers so bought a set of 17" Holden International wheels. These were standard on a number of limited edition Holdens, including the series 2 WH Statesman International, the VX Calias International, the VU SS Fifty ute, and the VY Berlina International wagon.

When we bought the sedan in 2006, we could not afford wheels, so we left the 16s on it.

Last week, I acquired a set of 17" VZ SV6/SV8 wheels with good Bridgestone tyres, and by chance, had put the International wheels on the sedan, so I have the SV8 wheels on the wagon.

So my question is, should I leave them as they are or swap them over so the wagon has the 6 spoke International wheels as it had before and put the 5 spoke SV8 on the sedan ?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't think I would but I think I agree.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I like the Internationals on the wagon and the SV8s on the sedan.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been thinking about SV8s for my wagon for a while now. For some reason it suits the wagon better.
+ the internationals look great with the Dark Blue :)
V. sharp.
I picked up the SV8 wheels for $580 including 50% tread Bridgestone RE030 - about the same as I would have paid for new tyres to go on the old rims so I could not really pass them up - it was a bit of a hard sell to my wife, not because she did not like them but because I did not give her a choice...

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
I think more sidewall would look better on the sedan, but what you've got looks good. I think you got it right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts