GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
6,223 Posts
Different models on the same frame has been around forever. The GM B Bodies, (Chevrolet Impala, Pontiac Bonneville, Buick LeSabre and Olds 88) used the same frame for at least 35 years that I know of, and were very distinct from each other; you could never confuse an Impala with a LeSabre. Chrysler did the same with Plymouth and Dodge, as well as Ford with Mercury and Lincoln. This is just wise use of existing technology, and was very successful. It happens today in more vehicles than I can count, and will only become more popular as the rest of this decade unfolds.

The only thing that I hope is that the F Bodies will not be aimed at the same type of buyer, and have styling that tries to encourage the distinctions between the two. Firebird could have very aggressive styling and a base V8, for example, with Camaro having more conventional looks and a base V6, or vice versa.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.