GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note the hood scoops and the exhaust exits on both sides. Also theres a pic of the Monaro, later this year that new Monaro will come out and get the same GTO exhaust and power, although now the Monaro will get the GTO fuel tank, meaning much smaller trunk.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/attachment.ph...ttachmentid=587

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I don't like the scoops. They look too ws6-ish. I think they should be more unique, not just a copy of something else.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think the hood scoops make a difference in appearence. Are they functional? or are they just gonna be fake like the ones on the Mustang.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
ahhh... im mixed. What mag is that in? It looks like a Aussie mag right? Id like to see it upclose.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
The Grand Ams can beordered with that optional package that gives a fiber glass hood. Molded into the hood is a non-functional hood scoop. The picture immediately reminded me of that. It's okay as long as it is functional.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I agree, it looks like the Grand Am package.
But I like it, at least they're trying.
I just can't help thinking that the scoops should be
....whats the right word....sharper??edgier?? more pronounced??
I just think they smoothed them in too much, but maybe the harder lines
don't look right with the monaro body.....

·
Registered
481 Posts
Some of you are criminally insane:

"I want my RWD!"
"Here, have a GTO."
"It doesn't look right! I don't like it!"
"Here's one with some hood scoops."
"I don't like those hood scoops. I'm going to buy a Mustang!"

All this hair-splitting is completely unnecessary and pointless. So if GM doesn't get it right within a year or two, they should just stick to FWD econo-boxes and lame sedans? This new GTO is the first mid-size, rear drive, V-8 powered coupe (350hp) since the 1988 Monte SS(180hp). Be thankful for what you've got. After that big love-fest with FWD in the '80's and '90's, I thought I'd never see anything like this GTO here in the states.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Agreeg.
After years of complaining, Pontiac has given us what we've desired, a new GTO.
Some will always complain, because no one car can appease everyone, people are different, and have different tastes. The reason for this thread is, tf GM reads this, is to suggest tweaking of the concepts and pre-production models so that when they produce the finished version, it gets more of what we like in it, and less of what we don't. I think everyone knows my take on the current GTO, which I DO like, regardless of how I may sound. I just voice my opinions so that hopefully, the next version will carry more of my requests than the current version.
Kinda like if the old saying, "If you didn't vote, don't complain"
sometimes the complaint is the vote.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts