GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
I like them a lot better than the Venture or Astro, Chryslers or Fords or any of the imports. They have a little less minivan and a little more truck/SUV to them, IMO. What the heck did you expect? At least they don't look like the ugly @$$ nissan.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Yuck. It looks like the old minivan bred with the new Dodge Durango and this was the kid. If you like the Dodge Durango (you blind?) you may like this thing.

If you look at the doors, it looks like they are carry over from old model. I fear these "new" minivans will be "new" like the Freestar is "new" compared to the Windstar. That means they are redesigned, but essentially a carry over platform warmed over. Like the new Grand Prix on the same old platform.

When will GM learn IT CANNOT BE COMPETITIVE when it takes 10-15 year old platforms and warms them over with some new sheetmetal and marginally improved engines? Who do they think they are fooling?

The way GM is treating the low/middle part of the market is disappointing. It's as if all the good stuff goes to Cadillac and the other brands get the left over junk to deal with because R&D budgets cost slashed.

I want to root for GM, but they sure make it hard. The ION, Grand Prix, new minivans, Malibu are all half-*** vehicles. Not one of them will be on anyone's objective list as a best in class. World class means better than EVERYONE, not the previous model.

Mark

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
I think they look pretty good. But I thought they would were going to be based off of the Lambda platform, not the current minivan platform.

·
Super Moderator
10,881 Posts
Wow! I really hope these aren't the final designs for these two cars! They aren't really all that attractive. I mean, I understand that they are looking to put together a more rugged appearance and more SUV like attributes, but still, it's simply not appealing. The belt-line is too low, the windows too tall and shouts "Mini-Van" instead of "CSV" or whatever they want to call it. I really hope that these are just photoshopped or something b/c if this is what GM intends for their new mini-van replacements, then perhaps they haven't improved these last few years as much as we'd like to think.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by nadepalma@Nov 30 2003, 12:23 PM
Wow! I really hope these aren't the final designs for these two cars! They aren't really all that attractive. I mean, I understand that they are looking to put together a more rugged appearance and more SUV like attributes, but still, it's simply not appealing. The belt-line is too low, the windows too tall and shouts "Mini-Van" instead of "CSV" or whatever they want to call it. I really hope that these are just photoshopped or something b/c if this is what GM intends for their new mini-van replacements, then perhaps they haven't improved these last few years as much as we'd like to think.
Hate to tell ya, but these are the REAL thing... :lol:

I kinda like them... ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
both models are exactly the same....i thought GM was past this stage. a buick looking exactly like a saturn? this will never work. the saturn looks like a cross between a volvo, a durango and an old venture. yuk. personally i don't see a need for either of these vehicles...even if they were better looking. GM couldn't even compete with the minivans they had so then they throw 2 more pieces of crap out there? what are they thinking?

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by 3eb@Nov 30 2003, 01:53 PM
both models are exactly the same....i thought GM was past this stage. a buick looking exactly like a saturn? this will never work. the saturn looks like a cross between a volvo, a durango and an old venture. yuk. personally i don't see a need for either of these vehicles...even if they were better looking. GM couldn't even compete with the minivans they had so then they throw 2 more pieces of crap out there? what are they thinking?
GM stated earlier that they would invest about the same amount of time and money seperating their designs as Chrysler. I think they are sperated enough, Minivan buyers aren't looking for completely different designs. THey will do fine for now, until the Lambda's come through in '09.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
I agree, I don't think they are that bad looking. There really isn't much you can do with a large two box design. My only comlaint is that theyt don't carry enough brand character in the front styling, the Buick looks rather "Hyundai Elantra-ish",and the Saturn does look similar to a Volvo.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Same headlights, same foglight placement, same roof racks - the only difference is the grill and wheels!
I had hoped for something a little better than this!
Hopefully it looks better at a different angle than these shots were taken.

Any word on the engine to be used and upping the hp to better compete with the Odessey and Previa??

What about DoD on these vehicles??

Thanks NSAP again!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
They don't look that bad, but they certainly don't look like they deserve the moniker "sport van" or whatever. They also look a lot like the Venture from the front fascia back. The interiors had better be great, or these will flop big time. Crud like this will not fly:

If the Aztek had one thing going for it in my opinion, it was the dash. I actually liked that a lot more than the Venture.

By USA1 - "When will GM learn IT CANNOT BE COMPETITIVE when it takes 10-15 year old platforms and warms them over with some new sheetmetal and marginally improved engines? Who do they think they are fooling?"
Yah.... :(

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by corsa@Nov 30 2003, 04:59 PM
looks to be made by photoshop?!?
These are dealer brochures that inform them about upcoming models, so no it is not a photoshop, its real. Look for all-new minivans (er CSVs in '09) kinda sucks doesnt it! ;)

·
Registered
6,295 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Mini-vans they R!!!!, CSV they R not!!!...Come on who is GM trying 2 fool with these things :blink: ??? It's the same old van with a new nose :plasma: .
I'm dissapointed, sorely dissapointed <_< .

·
Registered
316 Posts
when i heard buick was gonna make a minivan, i thought it might look pretty nice...i figured they'd incorporate a lot of the new styling themes that they've shown in concept vehicles...i thought maybe it'd be curvacious and dare i say, sexy...but this is just utter disappointment. this model doesn't carry any of the new buick styling trends. it's just a venture with a tooth grille and shiny wheels.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts