Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Camaro

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • F-150 or Silverado, of course

Votes: 6 15.8%

Pick One: Camaro Or Mustang

5K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  vette =||= cruze 
#1 ·
I pulled up to a traffic light the other day, and saw something very rare here in New York.

Not only was there a brand new Chevrolet Camaro on the white line, but next to it, a brand new Ford Mustang. The pairing is incredibly rare in this day and age of SUV and pickups, and no, there was no gunning of the engines in preparation for the green light. The older generation drivers were unaware of each other, and the vehicles they were driving.

Which one would you pick?

Car Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
In that picture, from that angle and those colors, I like the Mustang better. The Camaro looks a little tall and tippy. But overall, I'm a fan of the Camaro's looks, nothing looks better to me than an all black Camaro - but I also think Ford did a really nice job with the Mustang. I think this generation is the best looking Mustang they've ever made.

#11 ·
In that picture, from that angle and those colors, I like the Mustang better. The Camaro looks a little tall and tippy. But overall, I'm a fan of the Camaro's looks - but I also think Ford did a really nice job with the Mustang. I think this generation is the best looking Mustang they've ever made.
You have GOT to be kidding! What about this fine steed?

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

hahahaha no, I'm kidding. I do like the current version the best. I would, however, choose the Camaro.

#37 ·
+1
Car and Driver compared Mustang Ecoboost to Camaro V6 back in 2016. The Camaro won for several reasons, though the superiority of Camaro's engine was particularly prominent.

How often while driving one of them would you regret not having purchased the V-8? The answer is, in the case of the Camaro, not very often. In the Mustang the answer would be always.

#10 ·
Team General Motors here so, Camaro, but Mustang is an undeniable part of American culture that reaches back iinto my childhood. We were a GM family growing up in a GM neighborhood. That was kind of a thing back then. So I grew up liking GM, disliking Ford by default and not understanding Chrysler.

Chrysler was kind of an oddball product back then. It took a certain kind of buyer to buy Chryslers. That weirdness of Chrysler is mostly gone now.

I grew out of that of course, I no longer "dislike" Ford, but I'm still instinctively drawn to like and support GM whenever possible.

#12 ·
Neither... they're too common as are Challengers.
We have a name for 'em at car shows... Bellybuttons.
'57 Chevys fall under this classification as well.
C8 Vette is getting there.

#15 ·
Are they both non V8 models too?

Part of the reason why I love the "lesser known" muscle cars like the Mercury Cougar, or the Oldsmobile 442, or the AMC Javelin. If I see those at a car show I tend to spend more time admiring them over a Mustang or a Camaro

#40 ·
As a six-time Camaro owner (67 Z/28 (yes, one of the 602), 69 Z/27 convertible, 70 Z/28, 79 Berlinetta, 87 IROC-Z, 88 sport coupe) I have to go with the Camaro, but the Mustang is much closer to the original (both size and weight) than the Camaro or the Challenger. Here are photos of four of my Camaros.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

And the “Z/27” is not a typo. Since Chevrolet made no first gen Z/28 convertibles, I was forced to order an SS (RPO Z27) with options that made it look as close as possible to a Z/28 (rally wheels, spoilers, ZL2 hood, bumper guards). Then the dealer removed the SS trim (paint, tape, and badging) and added the appropriate Z/28 trim. Voila! There were just five things that would tell a Camaro connoisseur about the fake (six if you include the convertible), four are visible in the photo.

The 1969 Z/27 got me my first two SCCA National Solo Championships (1973, 1975); the 1970 Z/28 got me my third championship (1979). I still own the 1987 IROC-Z (35 years, 21,000 miles), but I'd probably sell it for the right price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.