GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 Tokyo: Saab's Subaru WRX-based 9-2X sporthatch gets the photo treatment

By AUTOWEEK

Saab didn’t reveal its Subaru WRX wagon-based 9-2X sporthatch at the Tokyo motor show, but General Motors’ Swedish subsidiary did release a photo of its first production all-wheel-drive five-door model at a press event earlier this week in Tokyo.

Saab 9-2X

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I like it!!! :woot2:

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
A classy looking WRX. It must burn the guys at Subaru to have to make a better looking vehicle than their own for Saab.

Which explains why they will be offered in Subaru dealerships in Japan. ;)

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think the new WRX looks a lot better than the old one. This would be a tough choice. GM employee discount should make this one sell even better, though.

·
Registered
44,051 Posts
:woot2: :woot2:

VERY VERY VERY NICE!!!!

See what GM can do with their Alliance partners if they just TRIED a little?!?!?!

-ME

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Looks good. I thought that it would look more like the 9-3, but be smaller. It could work. I would like to have a Subaru that was rebadged. It doesn't even look the same. The only thing that is possibly the same is the engine. We will have to figure out the specifications. Subaru and Saab does SWEET together. This partnership will hopefully last.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I see way more Subaru then Saab (the hood scoop for the H4 engine). If it was a 9-2 - i would want to see a Saab I4 engine. But i can only assume that the reason that that isn't in the car is because i probaly didn't fit.

i think this might actually harm saab.

·
Registered
62 Posts
looks great!! incredible idea GM.. any idea when it comes out>?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts