GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,593 Posts
I wonder if after the conversion you could convince your local DMV to change the registration from Chevrolet to Pontiac. :)

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Personally, for me, its just not the same. Besides this transformation will cost a fortune. I'd rather spend that money on a real Trans Am with the pedigree. It will probably look cool though.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I wonder if GM will get their common sense & balls back & reverse their decision on killing Pontiac?

Though I am not holding my breath.
GM in regards to Pontiac doesn't have any common sense nor balls enough to keep it around!! Even as a niche brand(w/the G8, G6 in coupe & convertible only & one other car(RWD/AWD)) for a few years until things get better for them(GM overall) to where they could branch out more w/Pontiac w/distinctive & exciting products.

!!!

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
The early second-gen. concept is the only one that looks good to me. The others can't capture the difference between the Firebird and Camaro in the quarter windows.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I wonder if GM will get their common sense & balls back & reverse their decision on killing Pontiac?

Though I am not holding my breath.
GM in regards to Pontiac doesn't have any common sense nor balls enough to keep it around!! Even as a niche brand(w/the G8, G6 in coupe & convertible only & one other car(RWD/AWD)) for a few years until things get better for them(GM overall) to where they could branch out more w/Pontiac w/distinctive & exciting products.

!!!
We could only be so lucky. I'm afraid todays stupid decisions are all but irreversable. Todays asinine way of thinking will see to that.

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Yet another fearless prediction...

It aint gonna happen.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yet another fearless prediction...

It aint gonna happen.
Read your news and headlines! This is a reality and is happenning. The proto is built, was unveiled at the Trans Am Nationals and is now a travelling advertisement/show car. See my avatar. It will only be available as a dealer installed option. The details have been laid out and now just to figure out the upcharge.

Here's the specs on Trans Am Depot's website:
Exterior
1' - 1.5' Lowering Kit w/sway bar handling upgrade
Wheels & Tires
Front: 20x9.5x120 CB-66.9 Gold or Silver Machined Face Snowflake Wheels. PIRELLI PZERO 275/45ZR20
Rear: 20x11.5x120 CB-66.9 Gold or Silver Machined Face Snowflake Wheels. PIRELLI PZERO 305/35ZR20
Hood
Shaker Scoop
Fender Extractors
Exhaust Conversion w/ splitter tips
Rear Fascia Clip w/tail lamp lenses and bulbs
Rear Spoiler
TA Graphic Package
Interior
Embroded Head Rest and Console Lid - KM Graphic Punch
Turned Aluminum Door Panel
Turned Aluminum Dash Inserts
Turned Aluminum Instrument Cluster
Door Panel Badges
T/A SN Badge and Designation
Performance Upgrades: Coming Soon
Here's some REAL pictures:

Is that enough of a sample for proof?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
TransAmJim, I wasn't too hot on this conversion at first, but I think it looks good in the pictures you posted

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Read your news and headlines! This is a reality and is happenning. The proto is built, was unveiled at the Trans Am Nationals and is now a travelling advertisement/show car. See my avatar. It will only be available as a dealer installed option. The details have been laid out and now just to figure out the upcharge.

Here's the specs on Trans Am Depot's website:

Is that enough of a sample for proof?
How much?

My bet they won't sell more then 10.

It needs a different headlight treatment...
From the front It doesn't look like any Trans Am.

Most Firebirds (not counting some really unattractive ones from the early 70's) pre 1982 had quad headlights.

If you are going for a 1967-69 look it is fail
If you are going for a 1970-1976 look it is fail
If you are going for a 1977-1981 look it is fail

Closest might be a 1977... needs some gold around the headlights so you can see that it has a beak like a TA

·
Registered
52 Posts
Being realistic, going with 2 round headlights was really the only way they could go with turn signal indicators just inside the headlights. Unfortunately this is just a conversion and the wiring harness to the front of the car would have to be re-run to accomodate 4 headlights....that's just an unfortunate fact. I however do like the front end from a head on angle.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh yeah, and incidentally.....both the front vent and shaker scoop are operational.

Check out the embroiderred headrests too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
TransAmJim, I wasn't too hot on this conversion at first, but I think it looks good in the pictures you posted
I like it alot. The rear of the car really doesn't do too much for me, but with the way the back of the chasis rounded like it is, I don't think they could have made it look close to the squared 70's style look. Overall I like what they did. I have other pics....here's another.

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Price? You know, without a price... it hasn't happened yet. They converted a latest gen GTO into a Chevelle SS... doens't mean you can buy one or even a kit.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts