GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm Probably wrong, but your perspective has to be in line with your vanishing point, right?

i.e. All lines converge to that point?

Well, at school, I tried this.

Kinda Grainy though.

(what is with me and Fender Skirts!?)

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Looks a bit better to me, could just be this one is more to my taste - sorta monocoque/fuselage looking.

But I still feel like I'm looking down on the top of someone's head - would really prefer the view to be closer to how it'd look from standing at street level.

Peugeot_206 said:
...(what is with me and Fender Skirts!?)
With fuel-efficiency/aerodynamics concerns, you might be ahead of the curve...

·
Registered
866 Posts
I think your problem is that all your drawing look like we are looking down on the vehicle from a third floor balcony. You tend to elongate your vehicles and overly narrow the backends.

Why don't you try a more common perspective. Don't draw your cars from an upper view. Draw a 3/4 shot as if you were standing next to the front fender. You should be able to see some of the hood but very little of the roof panel. From this angle, you shouldn't have to worry about vanishing points or perspective at all.

Also, TAKE YOUR TIME! I don't post chops very often, but when I do I normally have spent MANY HOURS working on them, normally over several days. Keep refining your design until it is right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts