GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
No one was towing me. Just trying to squeeze all I can out of the 5.3.
I believe you since I've already squeezed 37.3 MPG with the roof OFF in my 14 Corvette 7-speed.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
What speed? Distance? Is that according to the DIC or manual calculation?

·
Registered
18,488 Posts

·
Registered
21,338 Posts

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Start a Fuelly.com account and report back with your findings. I guarantee your DIC isn't calculating realistic mileage. My Durango will display 22 mpg while Fuelly has never found over 20.3

Reactions: Ed753

·
Registered
341 Posts
Start a Fuelly.com account and report back with your findings. I guarantee your DIC isn't calculating realistic mileage. My Durango will display 22 mpg while Fuelly has never found over 20.3
I'm as skeptical of the fuel economy as anyone, but is Fuelly really necessary just to divide mileage by gallons of gas..?

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
I'm as skeptical of the fuel economy as anyone, but is Fuelly really necessary just to divide mileage by gallons of gas..?
Well it isn't. But as I've been driving 700+ miles/week it's cool to be able to track things like the mpg difference between 70 and 75 mph, or 72 mph, or the impact an engine oil change has, or differences between brands of gas...etc etc

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well it isn't. But as I've been driving 700+ miles/week it's cool to be able to track things like the mpg difference between 70 and 75 mph, or 72 mph, or the impact an engine oil change has, or differences between brands of gas...etc etc
That adds some useful context to the other post, thanks. I'm glad you're not helplessly dependent on Fuelly for division! :D

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
I once got 99 MPG in my old Silverado.

Granted, it was for like 2 seconds on the instant econ screen. :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts