GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan's Euro-market "soft-roader," the X-Trail, will roll into Canadian showrooms later this year, but it's unclear whether the crossover/ute will ever make it to the U.S. Sharing its platform with the Altima sedan, the X-Trail is designed for suburban warriors who want something a bit more hip and rugged than a station wagon. It will hit Canada with a 2.4-liter powertrain offered in both front- and all-wheel-drive configurations. More than 400 changes were made to prepare X-Trail for Canadian roads - and winters - according to company sources. Among X-Trail's more attractive features are a flexible rear storage system, and a water- and scratch-resistant removable cargo floorboard. The X-Trail is meant to go up against the likes of the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV-4, a fast-growing segment in the Canadian market. It fits into the Nissan lineup below the more traditional Xterra SUV, which is being moved a bit upmarket. A similar opportunity exists in the United States, a senior Nissan official acknowledged to TheCarConnection. Speaking on background, he suggested a U.S. version "is not out of consideration - if not with this generation X-Trail, then the next."

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It might not be groundbreaking or revolutionary, but i would hardly consider it offensive. If anything, I think it would have been a styling hit about 6-7 years ago.

I would consider this way before I considered a Honda Element, which will probably be its biggest competitor.

·
Registered
790 Posts
good to see, i was hoping nissan wouldnt start looking GOOD. i have owned 3 and hate all of them, they all have been unreliable peices of crap. and with the new Z Titan and maxima i thought a lot of people would start to buy these crappy cars, but thankfully they are starting to get ugly again and people wont make the mistake of buying them. well smarter people.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Well, it isn't anything new... is has 3 or 4 years in Mexico

·
Registered
252 Posts
From the side it looks a lot like a Honda CRV. I don't like the front too much either. But I agree with Rex, it's not "offensive" well not too much at least.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It's been on sale in Australia for a couple of years and is priced to go head to head with RAV4, Forrester, Santa Fe, Escape, CRV etc. It, along with the Subaru, Toyota and Honda are the four big sellers in that market.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeh, like Mexico, the Nissan X-Trail has been on sale in Australia for about 3 or 4 years now and last year it was the biggest selling Compact SUV in Australia, followed by the Toyota Rav-4, Subaru Forester, Honda CR-V and in 5th place the Mazda Tribute.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
me too, I find that it looks like a crv from the pics...
it's a dream come true for people wich want the visual impact of a suv without having to pay much to own (price tag, gas, etc)...

133 Posts
Warning: Don't stand to close to it and sneeze. The bumper may fall off!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Interesting how when a competitor brings a 4-year old car to America you guys say how ugly it is but, when GM brings something new that's ugly (can you say MALIBU??) you guys say "oh it's ok...it looks better than everything else in this segment!". Nissans aren't ugly, just designed to suit a certain group of people. If you don't like it, then someone else does. Heck, I've seen tons of Titans and Armadas on the road now and I don't get why someone said "I'm glad they're not selling". Look closely bud, the market is crowded with lots of new cars that are equal to or better than some of GM's offerings. Also, who cars if the X-Trail looks like that!?! This is the compact ute segment, a.k.a. the "cute utes".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts