GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so we all know the Fords that we want from Europe and Australia, but there are others that should make their way over as well.

http://www.ford.co.za/servlet/Conte...CSA/DFYPage/Ford-Default&site=FMCSA&c=DFYPage

Not this generation, but Ford should bring the next one. Based off the Fiesta and made in S Africa (which will also make the next Ranger and Everest). If Ford can export this from there, why not this.

http://www.ssa.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1178831566606&pagename=Page&c=DFYPage

Basically a SUV of the Ranger, the next one will be built in S Africa along with our Ranger. I would say sell it only in the Rockies, South Cali, parts of the south, Alaska. All areas are regions that sell many offroaders. With the Explorer moving to unibody, Ford could lose some sales due to it.

http://www.ford.com.tw/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1178821304459&pagename=Page&c=DFYPage

Based off the Mazda 5, the i-max could be sold as a Ford and the larger S-Max could go to Mercury or just have both as Ford to go along with the C-Max and rumured smaller one based of the Fiesta. The only place it is sold is Taiwan, so they could either export it or just build it here, perhaps in an autoalliance plant in the US.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I could possibly see a car truck based on the Edge or Kuga at the very smallest, but the Bantam is way too small for the u.s. market. It can make average home depot run, but can it take a full bed load of rock or sand? My dad's I-4 ranger can barely do that.

As for the Everest, I don't think you'll be seeing RWD based SUV any smaller than the expedition if at all. Soccer moms are buying CUVs now. Still I wouldn't mind something like that, the Explorer is getting a little long in the tooth and I wouldn't mind something a little more fuel efficient while still having a low range.

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could possibly see a car truck based on the Edge or Kuga at the very smallest, but the Bantam is way too small for the u.s. market. It can make average home depot run, but can it take a full bed load of rock or sand? My dad's I-4 ranger can barely do that.

As for the Everest, I don't think you'll be seeing RWD based SUV any smaller than the expedition if at all. Soccer moms are buying CUVs now. Still I wouldn't mind something like that, the Explorer is getting a little long in the tooth and I wouldn't mind something a little more fuel efficient while still having a low range.
For the lonely painter or someone who just needs a truck every so often it would work. And that is why the Everest would only sell in some areas. Those areas that I said are highly SUV.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Speaking of the Bantam...

I got a chance to see a Ford Courier in real life today.
I live in Texas.. plenty of Mexican nationals come to visit.
Anyway, I was talking to this gentlemen about his at a gas station..
Seems like a solid vehicle, he was moving his brothers furniture and stuff.

Pretty cool to see a car/truck thing before I see the G8 ST.

If you haven't got the chance to check out Ford of Mexico.. it might be a good hint to what our line up is going to look like in a few years.
http://www.ford.com.mx/home1.asp

They have a strange looking SUV though...
Ecosport wtf?

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
T6......

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
The Ford I-Max IS the Mazda Premacy with an ugly front end grafted on. There's no point in importing this vehicle as long as Mazda sells it (there is point, however, in making Ford and Mercury dealers carry Mazda). Ford would better import the C-Max, S-Max and Galaxy. In a market that favours smaller size and fuel efficiency, Ford has a host of large crossovers/SUVs, and not a single smaller one.

Ford also has a very prolific and interesting lineup of small cars worldwide. Old KA, new KA, old Fiesta, old Fiesta sedan, new Fiesta + sedan, Indian Fiesta/Ikon, Bantam/Courier, Ecosport. Of course, only one of those will make it to the US, and only next year.

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Ok this is what I would do...
Ford gets-
G-Max: sub compact MPV
C-Max: compact MPV
I-Max: mid size MPV

Mercury gets-
Bobcat: compact MPV
Moon:Version of the S-Max

Mazda gets-
VX-3:compact MPV
VX-7:Biante in Japan
VX-9: MPV in Japan

Remember Mercury is going more luxury

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If they produced that concept Bronco, I'd consider putting a blue oval in my driveway.
If the F-100 gets built, the Bronco will come one year after.

to 2b2:

T6 i believe is the next Ranger would be the base for the next Everest and Mazda BX-40

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Any chance the Falcon Ute coming to the US/NA in the next 3-5yrs? :D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Its not a rebadged Mazda 5, the only thing the two have in common is the roof sheet metal, all other sheet metal is totally different.
Actually only the front end (up to the hood and fenders), rear hatch (+tail lights & rear windshield) and rear bumper are different.
Windshield, side windows and stampings for the doorskins and rear quarter panels appear to be identical.

Mazda 5

Ford I-Max

1 - 16 of 16 Posts