GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Not bad - if I had to guess I'd say it is a redesign of the Suzuki Swift (name stolen by Daewoo in other markets as the Swift Plus).

The headlight styling is too Frumpy - a little too Daewoo Lanos or something...

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by joshpsf@Jan 6 2004, 02:36 PM
It must be a Lanos.
I thought the Kalos (Aveo) replaced the Lanos. Scary if they are recycling the old Lanos....

·
Registered
170 Posts
They should sell the tuner concept. Or atleast sell a kit at the dealership. The Buick wannaby rims have got to go. They work on a Park Ave, not on an econobax. Suzuki motorcycles rock, they need to put some of that spirit into their cars.

·
Super Moderator
10,872 Posts
It's actually a version of the Daewoo Lacetti, sold in Korea as the Lacetti 5-Door. Here in the states, we have the Lacetti sedan sold as the Suzuki Forenza. It a new car that directly replaces the Daewoo Nubira in markets like Europe. In Canada and other markets (like India) it's sold as the Chevy Optra. This is just the 5-door version of that car, but with different front and rear ends (look at the doors, they're the same as the Lacetti 4-Door/Forenza). All Suzuki is doing is taking advantage of it's 5-door set up and adding a new nameplate to it's stable of cars. An identical version of the 4-Door is also sold in China as the Buick Excelle (pics below) and they are also planning on adding the 5-Door in the near future.

Reno (Lacetti 5-Door)-

Forenza (Lacetti 4-Door)-

Buick Excelle (China Only)-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts