GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have no response to that..........oh wait......EEWWWWW! Toyota should let Ford keep making F150s. I don't like their version.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone else notice the Colorado/Canyon angular flares to the front and rear fenders? Basteeerd copycats. The cartoon comment is well put: hood scoops don't belong on trucks unless they are attended by a host of reeeee-diculous neon disco balls attached to the floorboards and a driver full of near pre-pubescent acne. Oh and if you have the cajones to stuff a V-10 in the engine bay, then you are excused...

·
Registered
8,863 Posts
Nice-looking truck, albeit a little overdone on the exterior. The interior is sweet... I hope it fails miserably for Toyota. :lol:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Is this still the same size as this year's truck?? It certainly has cues from the show truck at detroit this year.

Someone should inform Toyota that the usual process is to 1. release the concept 2. Gauge public reaction 3. Style production based on public reaction.
Not 1. Build production 2. make a concept based on it and pray the public likes it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
i like the interior on the colorado, and almost all the new gm interiors. although they used a little to much fake wood on the new buick lacrosse.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thats got to be like a TRD body kit on it or something. I'm interested to see what the "clean" 4wd version looks like. I have always liked the current 4wd Tacoma. Kinda funny that after all this time everyone is redoing their midsizers. Ford, where are you?

·
Registered
922 Posts
It has Colorado/Trailblazer wheel openings, a Dodge Ram hood, Silverado tail lights, and way too much rice!

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
soooooooo is this like a sports truck? You dont put a hood scoop on a truck and not have anything to back it up.

·
Registered
89 Posts
for those of you commenting on the rear fender treatment, the Tacoma has had this style for a number of years now. And off the top of my head... Forester, Malibu, Colorado/Canyon (All GM *related* products) have adopted it in the interim. Not a big fan of it, but I guess it goes well with the truck.

I like the thing, just not enough to buy one. I'd take a domestic pickup over this anyday

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by Ming+Feb 4 2004, 10:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ming @ Feb 4 2004, 10:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-paul8488@Feb 4 2004, 03:15 PM
a little too bubbly... kinda cartoonish... but the very front end looks tough... and again, stellar interior. why can't GM do an interior like that?!?
http://www.chevrolet.com/colorado/gallery.htm [/b][/quote]
okay, that's nicer than i guessed it would be... but still a step below that toyota, IMHO (style-wise). the GM interior looks great for a truck... the toyota looks great for ANYTHING.

but yeah, overall GM is doing an okay job with new interiors. i'm actually impressed with the interior in the canadian chevrolet optra (suzuki forenza in the US, i think). i know it's a daewoo... does that make me a bad person?!? :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.