GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I'm still waiting for the day when Toyota makes headlights so elongated that you can change them from the drivers seat....

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
s'funny... usually i complain that toyotas are too plain... now i wish they'd stuck to that! that's a very ackward looking car... looks cut and pasted together from a dozen different cars. damn fine interior though, as per the usual. ooohhhh hurry GM... lets see that G6 convertible...

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
Originally posted by paul8488@Feb 4 2004, 08:12 PM
s'funny... usually i complain that toyotas are too plain... now i wish they'd stuck to that! that's a very ackward looking car... looks cut and pasted together from a dozen different cars. damn fine interior though, as per the usual. ooohhhh hurry GM... lets see that G6 convertible...
I agree, though to me it's pretty much a cheapend SC430. From its inception, I never liked the Solara and thought it was over-rated. And based on what I've seen/heard about the G6 sedan, I believe the G6 convertible will make the Solara pale by comparison. It's nice to say that about a GM car!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The overhangs are way too big. The rear does look a lot like the Lexus SC430. It has some curves in the body, but overall looks way too high for a covertible. I do see it selling well like the Chrsyler Sebring convertible did. Who knows why...that car had some of the worst body flex I've ever experienced in a convertible. Judging from the length of this, it will suffer from the same thing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
YAHH!!!!!!! what an awful automobile. the styling is weird and tis just a really cheapened lexus. interior is pretty good, but hte gauges look cheap. Toyota cars never turn me on, excpet for the landcruiser and 4 runner perhaps. Nissan is really the car company thats on the rise. Gm should focus Pontiac on fighting Nissan, cuz nissans pack HP like none other asian car company.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Feb 4 2004, 07:42 PM
I'm still waiting for the day when Toyota makes headlights so elongated that you can change them from the drivers seat....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
922 Posts
EEWWW! That back end looks even worse with no roof. and there is just something thats not right when you look at a side profile, hurry up G6 vert!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Feb 4 2004, 02:42 PM
I was thinking a similar thing the other day. I was thinking that toyota would eventually make just a huge taillight that slowly turns into a taillight by the end of the car... :lol:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by monger@Feb 5 2004, 12:35 AM
It looks like they designed the car pretty short, then tried to stretch it over a longer body...

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
So- as bad as the exterior is, the interior seems rather well done. I first assumed that it was simple copied from the Lexus SC, but it seems it's not a straight copy. The SC looks slightly richer, but this has a better interior design. Anybody know what this is expected to run?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The interior looks like the new standard Ford interior. But then, this is the first interior of a new Toyota I've seen (mostly because I don't care at all about that brand). The exterior is uh.. er... "awkward". I don't know what to think about it. I know I don't like it, but I don't know what it is... it's very strange. If this is Toyota trying to get away from being nothing more than a transportation device (as opposed to a car that people have passion about), then they're not getting it at all. Maybe a shot of it with the roof up would make more sense to me, but I just don't know what the point of that car is. It's got a lot of curves, but they're not really presenting me with a feel of the design direction at all. It's like somebody at Toyota realized their cars were all generic and plain, and decided to go nuts with curves. What's the thinking behind that uh.. "styling"?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts