GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HYUNDAI EXPANDS LINE WITH ALL-NEW TUCSON SUV

Chicago, February 4, 2004 … Continuing to expand its model line in the United States, Hyundai today introduced the Tucson sport utility vehicle at the Chicago Auto Show. The vehicle is the company’s first entry into the small SUV segment. The Tucson is smaller than Hyundai’s hot-selling Santa Fe SUV and will go on sale late this summer in the United States.
“The new Hyundai Tucson is a value-packed SUV that will complement the buyer’s active lifestyles,” said Hyundai Motor America’s President and CEO Robert F. Cosmai. “Tucson has all the features buyers have come to expect from Hyundai and it’s covered by America’s Best Warranty, The Hyundai Advantage which includes the 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty.”

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd buy this over a Rav-4, CRV, Element, Ford Escape or Suzuki Vitara.

As far as the Equinox, it will all come down to price. I have a feeling the Hyundai will be cheaper.

I'd like to see a more monotone exterior, and less monotone interior.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
hmmm... well i think hyundia deserves props for what they do these days. they manage to add a bit of quirk to all their cars. i don't like them much, but i can appreciate alot of what they do. i'm waiting for the '06 pony concept before i write hyundai off totally, though!

·
Registered
52 Posts
That is some nasty khaki *** looking tupperware for interior dashboard material. Marketers for Levi Dockers would be proud.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
I will never understand why people buy Hyundai''s and Kia's (except for their low prices). Their entire lineup, pretty much without exception, is lacking in the passion/reliability/style/performance/quality/customer satisfaction/safety departments.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Originally posted by tgagneguam@Feb 4 2004, 09:07 PM
I will never understand why people buy Hyundai''s and Kia's (except for their low prices). Their entire lineup, pretty much without exception, is lacking in the passion/reliability/style/performance/quality/customer satisfaction/safety departments.
couldnt say it better my self. except to add the price to fix them when (and they always do) break down.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Its not horrible. If we rag on GM for its blah gray interiors, we realy need to rag on this BLAH Khaki interior. Style isnt too bad, to me it looks like a mini Santa Fe with too much cladding and Tribute tailights.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
We shouldn't write off Hyundai just yet. For their first attempt into the compact ute segment, we have to give them credit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts