GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think this car has massive potential. Which is what scion cars are all about. I know people here arent all about "ricers" but this car is screaming to be riced out. that lower grille opening says "intercooler" to me. put some 19" rims on it and lower it. a small spoiler on the trunk, and itd be nice. Expect to see ALOT of these cars around.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
This car is based on a modified European Toyota Avensis model they don't sell here. Just like the new Acura TSX is the European Accord. This car is going to be a hit just like the rest of the Scion line, especially on the West Coast. Go on the Toyota Europe website if you want details on this car.

·
Registered
742 Posts
i smell lawsuit. looks like they copied the headlights from the new 5 series and the tail lights from the g6. toyota sucks. Their designers must have liked Lutz' "angry kitchen appliances" comment because thats what all new toyotas look like. Like the Scion xB....wtf is that thing it's hideous!!!! Way worse than Aztek/Element

·
Registered
237 Posts
yah I can see the BMW 5 in the headlights of the tC. I also see the tail lights of the G6 and Nissan Maxima look similar. Plus, don't you think the overall shape of the tC look similar to the new Volvo S40?

The tC and the new Volvo S40 are soo close in there shape that it is scary. Look at the front end, the shape of the nose, the location of the head lights, the design of the front grill. Even at the side mirrors look Identical. Both cars have the turn sign shaped, design, and located the same way. It seems that it looks like there was one design team that had swith from Toyoto to Volvo lol

:drevil:

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by KnightHawk@Jan 6 2004, 10:10 PM
Plus, don't you think the overall shape of the tC look similar to the new Volvo S40?
hm-- never would have thought about this but you are SO right. The cars look to have the same DNA.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Who stole what from whom? This TC is based on a model that Toyota has been selling in Europe called the Avensis. It might be that Volvo is copying Toyota.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
ah, dont get me started.... All the cars should be burned along with the designers and creators of the brand.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Jan 7 2004, 09:12 PM
ah, dont get me started.... All the cars should be burned along with the designers and creators of the brand.
Thank you I could not agree more. I think Scion is worthless and I don't think it appeals to the "tuner" market at all.

1.5 L engine? Yeah, thats real "tunable". A turbo would give you what, 25 hp more? Go Scion.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I dig it. Cheap little coupe, lightweight, understyled. If you could only get it without power windows, locks, mirrors, and sunroof, it would make a perfect little cheap autocross car. I'm thinking Neon ACR, except well-built.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts