GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
:microwave: umm WOW and not the good wow, i dunno i think Jeeps stopped trying its still to similar to the TJ in my opinion a few cosmetic changes but nothing enough to make it a new exciting Jeep. Oh and what would GM sue about ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't think GM has a case. But the 70's Toyota Land Cruiser sure does. Even the color is a rip-off. :lol:

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Just glancing at this it doesn't look that big, untill you catch this pick on Wieck.com. Looks like they used the old cartoon expansion gun on a TJ!

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
What is going on with DCX these days?! There is so much more important work for all of DCX's divisions to do than vehicles like this.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Jan 4 2004, 06:21 PM
Jeep needs a new Wrangler - maybe this is a hint of what is to come.
kindof big for that I think... but maybe it's just to clue in on styling for a Wrangler replacement?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Rebuilding Jeep is a key goal for Chrysler. The Liberty does nothing to improve brand image. The Grand Cherokee is old. The Wrangler is absolutely for real but it simply can't compete with the brand-building visibility of either Hummer. This Rescue is very Hummer-like, but Jeep has a long history of building big 4X4 trucks, and Hummer used to be part of Jeep anyway. Saying that the Rescue looks like the Hummer is like saying a person looks like his cousin.

Jeep has a solid track record of building big stuff, and the Grand Cherokee never really recovered the market segment that it lost when the Grand Wagoneer was put out to pasture. Remember, the AVERAGE Grand Wagoneer customer in 1992 made over 100K per year. All this despite the dated truck tech. Jeep basically owned 100% of the superpremium SUV market with an unrefined but exclusive machine. Ten years later, Hummer reminded Jeep that those buyers were still in the market.

The bottom line is that this is the first post-merger Jeep that doesn't look "cute" "approachable," or "suburban." Jeep's tradition and image rest on five decades of military Jeep, CJ, Wagoneer, Wrangler, and Cherokee production. Four of those five vehicles are gone, and the Wrangler is fast losing its icon status to the Hummers. "Trail Rated" badges only go so far. Building a huge bruiser makes a powerful statement about brand credibility.

·
Registered
237 Posts
All I can see it some govn't agency purching this vechicle for search and rescue (Hence "Rescue") purchases. And I wonder how many will be sold, maybe under 1,000 units, depending on the price, and if what govn't agency that doesn't have a Hummer H1's already? Or have plans to have one either/or have some other means to find you. Furthermore, is there a demand of people that want something different than a Hummer H1, H2, or H3T territory?

One thing is for sure it will be VERY hard for any manufactor to beat the complete package the of the new H3T. That is one hell of a sweet ride.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Originally posted by kuczy@Feb 1 2004, 09:50 PM
Why would GM sue? They stole the Hummer front end from Jeep. What Jeep can't use the H2 box design? :argue:
Well I don't know who copied who but in reality Hummer is actually purchaseable TODAY, Jeep may dream but they are taking forever to get new models, they are working on a new 05 Grand Cherokee and a Grand Wagoneer. The GC finally will get a new interior and a bigger navagation screen.

Hummer H3 sure will be popular I think, it will steal sales from midsize SUVS, like Nissan Pathfinder and Jeep Grand Cherokee

BUT THE QUESTION REMAINS: When will Jeep get a luxury SUV, Daimler Chrysler besides with the MB M-Class and G Class does not have LUX SUV, Ford does it well with NAVIGATOR and RANGE ROVER. GM's got HUMMER H2, ESCALADE and TOYOTA has the GX 470 and LX 470 from Lexus

The LUX JEEP will be nice, since Chrysler Group does not have too many SUVS.
As you can with the GC, the top model Jeep for around $38,000, the lux suv
would compete with the likes of:
THIS IS NOT SUCH A BIG JUMP FOR JEEP, but they have to do it
Lexus GX 470- $45,000
Cadillac SRX- $43,000
Acura MDX- $42,000
Lincoln Aviator- $45,000

WILL Jeep actually do it though?? I hope, if they want to keep sales strong, they have to

·
Registered
954 Posts
Unless you guys own or have owned a Jeep, I don't think it's fair you make suggestions on Jeep's future.

It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand B)

Jeep ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT need another luxury SUV. A fully loaded Grand Cherokee is a [email protected] vehicle and is already plenty expensive for a Jeep! Jeep is about affordable offroad vehicles, unless of course you are introduced to the aftermarket, but thats a whole other story.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts