1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
No Honda you cant play! So stop trying.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice cartoon. Where are the Micro-bots to drive it?

·
Registered
259 Posts
WOW! That box is so massively spacious! I'd say you could fit 2 lawn chairs and a pack of playing cards in there with enough room left over for a can of beans!

<_<

If honda did allow this to get to production - the owners would never treat it like a real truck - only like just another honda. A fuel-sipper - and a car that will run on it orginal oil from showroom to junkyard because the owner thinks "Honda's are invincable".

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Still better than the Toyota truck concept they showed. But uhm.. the Element is uglier, yet I can at least understand the thinking behind it (it's got that "mini" thing going on). This, however... dude.. look... newsflash to the japanese: YOU CANNOT BUILD A PICKUP TRUCK. Just forget it. Either let Americans design it, build it, and market it for you, or don't waste your time.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Another fine example of the Japanese "Copy an American Design," but make it smaller and weaker.

You can't blame them though. I'm sure the Auto Magazines will love this car and praise it as revolutionary.

·
Registered
187 Posts
That thing looks like an Avalanche that took the "little bus" to school. Seriously, this is why Detroit will continue to rule the truck market. Detroit hasn't dropped the ball in the pickup segment, and the Japanese seem to struggle like mid-90's GM. Seriously, "mighty" Toyota and Honda flail around trying to find a clue, model after model, year after year. Nissan's Titan is a credible contender, but Nissan is learning that an exceptional truck is merely the price of admission in this club. Unlike the car segment, Detroit hasn't left a void for anybody to fill.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by Tim_M@Jan 5 2004, 12:33 AM
Seriously, this is why Detroit will continue to rule the truck market. Detroit hasn't dropped the ball in the pickup segment, and the Japanese seem to struggle like mid-90's GM.
I wouldn't count Honda out yet. This vehicle probably won't really compete with real trucks, but there are plenty of yuppies in the world who want a car, but want it to look like a truck.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Originally posted by Mr_Pringle@Jan 5 2004, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't count Honda out yet. This vehicle probably won't really compete with real trucks, but there are plenty of yuppies in the world who want a car, but want it to look like a truck.
Methinks that is what will be the target demographic. The same group of yuppies that can say:

"Yeah - i dive a big friggin' truck! Nothing stops it!! I own all the backroads of hazard county!!

But isn't it the cutest Honda you ever saw??!?"

<_< - if Honda is serious about making trucks - they are about to learn the hard way. A modified MDX/Pilot chassis is not going to make a name for them.

BTW - OF COURSE C&D and Motortrend will hail it as revolutionary. Everyone knows Honda gets it technology from the future way before anyone else thinks of it! <_<

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by GroundedZ@Jan 5 2004, 04:07 PM
Everyone knows Honda gets it technology from the future way before anyone else thinks of it! <_<
Indeed they do- because they built a time machine-- one with impressively small panel gaps and a seamless dash design. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Originally posted by Mr_Pringle+Jan 5 2004, 10:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr_Pringle @ Jan 5 2004, 10:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GroundedZ@Jan 5 2004, 04:07 PM
Everyone knows Honda gets it technology from the future way before anyone else thinks of it! <_<
Indeed they do- because they built a time machine-- one with impressively small panel gaps and a seamless dash design. :rolleyes: :D [/b][/quote]
Darn-tootin'!

Hell - even the Honda emblem on select Accord's can shoot laser beams at "lesser" cars.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by GroundedZ@Jan 5 2004, 04:21 PM
Hell - even the Honda emblem on select Accord's can shoot laser beams at "lesser" cars.
Oh- and don't forget the magical "v-tec" stickers that add 15hp a piece. :D

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
How could you all forget about the MDX whose off-road capabilites are far superior to any Hummer on the planet, do you know why?

::WHY TAHOE?::

Well kids, its because it has a VTEC engine and a Minivan Suspension of course!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.