GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
I'm not sure what the appeal is about either one of these cars. I can think of other vehicles in both segments that I find better styled and more fun to drive than other one of these. Alas, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Ok, the Crossfire doesn't look so bad in vert form. But seriously, why can't the PT Cruiser just die already? I never liked it, and the more they do to it, the more it seems like something that should have been discontinued a long time ago.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
The Crossfire is deffinatly nice looking as a Vert. I was hoping to see the 'fire get a hard top vert like its chassis sister. I guess it looks like MB had to spice up there SLK becaue honesly, I would get a crossfire over and SLK anyday, even with the new design. The new SLK looks like it has downs.

and as for the PT Cruser... theres only room for one retro 2 seater convertable on this block, and we got it down with a hard top and a V8.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
wow, the crosfire looks like it needs a pair of lowering sprngs, especialy at the rear! the rear end is horrible, for sure it needed some sort of duck tail.
and why the slk can have a "hard top" and this junk not?

the pt looks better than the beetle conv.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by johnd89@Jan 18 2004, 06:54 PM
and why the slk can have a "hard top" and this junk not?
Something has to validate the premium price tag on the SLK.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
The crossfire looks much better, cept the trunk lid is a bit choppy for a vert. The tailights are a nice change though.

The PT Cruiser on the other had is hideous, what is up with the strange steering wheel? The interior looks like it came out of a dentists office...and the rear looks like you could haul a few bodies in there, its so flat!! Ughhhhh, the cocnept version was better...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Crossfire- Great vehicle. I think I'll like the covertible better than the coupe.
P.S. The MB looks uglier than the Crossfire. No wonder they're making it cuter

PT Cruiser- DIE! DIE! DIE! :plasma: :zap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts