GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Whoa that thing is cool but its a little off, it sure doesn't have any hint of Chrysler, looks more like a Ford GT90 and a Lambo. I think Chrysler got ***** envy of Ford's media attention.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As interesting and neat as it is, aside from the Town&Country Minivan's wheels, this shares abolsutely nothing with anything Chrysler related, past or present.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I knew I'd find it, here's the old GT90. Cross that with an Audi LeMans and you got this.

Anyone know if this is a concept or proposed limited production??

Gotta love NAIAS! It's like Christmas #2 for me! Can't wait to see what the rumoured Ford Cobra concept is when its revealed tonite!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Jan 4 2004, 06:09 PM
As interesting and neat as it is, aside from the Town&Country Minivan's wheels, this shares abolsutely nothing with anything Chrysler related, past or present.
the hood lines, the crossfire like slash intakes, the ribs on the hood, the wheels, the elegant lines and the Plymouth Pronto spyderl ike shape all scream Chrysler design. I definitely see that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
ugh bummer. either way the vette gonna have to do some chasing i guess with the ZL-1 or blue devil or whatever you want to call it hehe

·
Registered
129 Posts
I thought the Viper was the halo car. What on earth is this? A halo car for Chrysler too? That would make too much sense and would probably sell. Fear not GM, Deiter will never build it. It's hard to go balls out when you can't turn a profit.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Don't devote even one minute to worrying about this one. They won't build it. Chrysler doesn't have a performance heritage that anybody remembers. Unlike the Ford GT, this thing is completely irrelevant to Chrysler's product line and heritage. If GM can't justify building the Caddy 16 (correctly, based on dismal sales of Maybach and RR), I don't see how cash-strapped Chrysler can make a case for this thing.

Is it cool? Yes it is, but it's not very original. The whole concept of the supercar as a halo car is a bit dated. There are so many "supercars" on the market these days that the public has become jaded and indifferent. If the public doesn't care, the few rich guys who buy them won't make enough of an impact in brand equity. Supercars must also "sell" PT Cruisers. The Germans have been the worst offenders, and now VW is saddled with one too many mega cars that nobody wants. Mercedes has also made this mistake. The practical benefits of the troublesome and money-losing Maybach and SLR programs can only be explained in German. I'm not surprised that Chrysler did this, probably on orders from the Commandant in the Fatherland.

These days, smart car companies are using glamorous but affordable models as halo cars. This way, a company is able to make a substantial profit AND enjoy an image boost. Subaru has the WRX sti, Mitsu has the EVO, Chevy has the Vette and SSR, Pontiac has the GTO and now the Solstace, Mazda has the RX8, and Toyota has had a ridiculous run of success without any kind of halo car. Chrysler should focus on prestigious but obtainable cars if it wants to build brand equity.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Decent exterior design. Not something I'd expect from Chrysler. However, the interior looks so horrible that even if you gave it a 1600hp engine, I wouldn't own one. Well... maybe if I could gut the interior and redo it. But seriously, this smells like ***** envy - DCX doesn't have a new performance car debuting this year, except the Magnum SRT-8, but it won't get the media attention that the C6, Mustang, Cobra, and GT are getting.

·
Registered
237 Posts
There is more than jusr Ford envy. That screaming Cadillac Cien wannabe.
I agree with jarsworldcom. Does anyone care that "Chrysler" made this? Sure it's gets respect for the performance aspects, but still. I'm sure i'll respect it more when I learn more about it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28+Jan 4 2004, 02:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigals87z28 @ Jan 4 2004, 02:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-c400mark@Jan 4 2004, 07:14 PM
ok but what is under the hood?
simple answer... supercharged or twin turbo viper V10 pushing 650hp. [/b][/quote]
That is what I would guess they would end up putting under the bonet (is it really a hood in mid engined cars?) if it made it to production. I don't think the DaimlerChrysler stable could support both a high preformance V10 and V12.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Originally posted by KnightHawk@Jan 5 2004, 09:01 AM
There is more than jusr Ford envy. That screaming Cadillac Cien wannabe.
I agree with jarsworldcom. Does anyone care that "Chrysler" made this? Sure it's gets respect for the performance aspects, but still. I'm sure i'll respect it more when I learn more about it.
I care!
then again, I AM a mid engine and supercar fanatic :bounce:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts