GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Someone hit the old A8 grill with the ugly stick. I wonder if they need all that cooling for the funky, heavy W12 motor.

Mark

·
Registered
190 Posts
Check out the Chrysler concepts.....the grilles look strangely similar......

·
Registered
5 Posts
i actually like the new look as long as it is functional. If the car needs all that air in the engine, then let them have the big grille.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
That's not what's going on there, though. There is nothing functional in that grille, just a bigger chrome trim ring for looks. Personally, I don't like it, and every Audi will start to use this grille style. I hope it grows on us.

It looks like the car just ate up a bunch of chicken wings loaded with barbeque sauce, and the sauce is all around it's mouth. Give the car a napkin.

·
Registered
922 Posts
That style grill is from the Lemans Quattro concept and I guess all Audi's will get this style. Maybe people will warm up to the style... :huh:

·
Registered
43,886 Posts
<_<
EEEEEeeewww....
Grille looks like a whale opening it's maw feeding on crill. Does the regular A8 get this grill treatment?
I doubt the grille is functional as the VW W12 doesn't have this grille.

Hope this doesn't appear on A4.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
it's like his jaw dropped suddenly!

krill ahead!

let me see if I got this straight: the bmw's have messed-up a$$es, and the audi's fronts?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by mgescuro@Jan 4 2004, 04:32 PM
<_<
EEEEEeeewww....
Grille looks like a whale opening it's maw feeding on crill. Does the regular A8 get this grill treatment?
I doubt the grille is functional as the VW W12 doesn't have this grille.

Hope this doesn't appear on A4.
I think I've heard it's coming for 2005 on the A4 :( My parents bought an A4 this year when they heard that since they nor I like the new grill...

My mother had to have AWD...heh... the current one isnt that bad looking... ours is an A4 Quattro 1.8T silver sedan...

·
Registered
815 Posts
Originally posted by usa1@Jan 4 2004, 06:40 AM
Someone hit the old A8 grill with the ugly stick. I wonder if they need all that cooling for the funky, heavy W12 motor.

Mark
Actually, the W12 is lighter and smaller than a V12. this is an Aluminum block as well.

;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts