·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would they show now? Some guy on the dock taking Astras off the boat?
or any other plant where saturns are built, side by side w/ other GM Models, be it a Acadia, Malibu, or the Solstice in Deleware. But then would not be a Saturn Commercial...sigh.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Is it true GM could have bought Honda for the price of starting up Saturn back then?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Sadly something has been lost along the way. I shopped for a VUE and AURA this winter and there was nothing that differentiated the Saturn store from other dealerships expect for much better product. I wish GM would have had the vision to give Saturn a complete product line to compete with Honda and Toyota over the years. Now Saturn has a nice line but not enough customers are noticing. I think it would benefit Saturn to combine an exceptional buying experience with great product and get the word out to customers. In my experience I just did not see it.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
Hmmm, all warm and fuzzy, very different from Ion/Sky Red Lines and Astra XR.

A different kind of car lineup.

A different kind of product.

CobaltSS

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
From someone who rode in a Saturn for 13 years, I have nothing to say material-wise except that it felt really really really cheap. But dying after 243,000 miles and 13 years of hard highway driving through snow, rain, hail, or whatever nature could throw at it is quite an accomplishment. They may not have been glamorous cars, but they sure could take a beating.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From someone who rode in a Saturn for 13 years, I have nothing to say material-wise except that it felt really really really cheap. But dying after 243,000 miles and 13 years of hard highway driving through snow, rain, hail, or whatever nature could throw at it is quite an accomplishment. They may not have been glamorous cars, but they sure could take a beating.
Wish I could say the same, my FIRST new car was a 95 SL2, loved it, I just did not have it long enough to testify to its' durability (only put 18k). I traded it in on a 97 SC2 (first year of redesign), first car I ordered. Also, Loved it, but did not keep it long enough either (23k). Traded it in on 00' LS2 V-6. JUNK. Summary, original saturn SL cars good, after that not the good, IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts