GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my grandparents signed the order and put down the deposit two weeks ago for their Acadia and the order still hasn't been placed. Why? The inventory manager at the dealer says there has been a national order restriction on White Diamond and she doesn't know why or when it will be available again. She has tried twice a week to order the color to no avail.

My grandparents are getting a little upset because they wanted to get the VIN and start the paperwork before the 28th when the current incentives expire, but now that isn't going to happen.

Anyone with any inside knowledge have any answers or at least a confirmation?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, the White-Diamond Tricoat is under a "Full Constraint-Short Term". The report I can see gives no indication on when it will be lifted.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GeoHawk said:
Yes, the White-Diamond Tricoat is under a "Full Constraint-Short Term". The report I can see gives no indication on when it will be lifted.
Thanks!

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it's been two more weeks, one month total, and the resriction still stands. Does anyone have an idea of when this color will be available?

·
Super Moderator
15,292 Posts
The following colors are still restricted:

(98U) White Diamond Tri-Coat paint
(78U) Blue-Gold Crystal paint
(51U) Goldmist paint

I don't know when they'll be available.

·
Registered
166 Posts
AndrewGS said:
Well, my grandparents signed the order and put down the deposit two weeks ago for their Acadia and the order still hasn't been placed. Why? The inventory manager at the dealer says there has been a national order restriction on White Diamond and she doesn't know why or when it will be available again. She has tried twice a week to order the color to no avail.

My grandparents are getting a little upset because they wanted to get the VIN and start the paperwork before the 28th when the current incentives expire, but now that isn't going to happen.

Anyone with any inside knowledge have any answers or at least a confirmation?
you can get a vin# and are able to hold the current incentives?? I ordered one a few weeks ago and the sales guy said they "picked" up the order and were waiting for a production week, is that when I get a Vin?? I would love to be able to use my GM card points bonus before 3/15 when they expire, is that possible? btw I ordered a Carbon Metallic (no black??) SLT3..

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TonyGXP said:
you can get a vin# and are able to hold the current incentives?? I ordered one a few weeks ago and the sales guy said they "picked" up the order and were waiting for a production week, is that when I get a Vin?? I would love to be able to use my GM card points bonus before 3/15 when they expire, is that possible? btw I ordered a Carbon Metallic (no black??) SLT3..
The VIN is sent to the dealer after the vehicle is built with an approximate landing date. When the dealer has the VIN they can start the paperwork and any incentives available at that time will be applied. When the vehicle lands at the dealer you just sign the delivery paperwork and you're good to go.

·
Registered
166 Posts
AndrewGS said:
The VIN is sent to the dealer after the vehicle is built with an approximate landing date. When the dealer has the VIN they can start the paperwork and any incentives available at that time will be applied. When the vehicle lands at the dealer you just sign the delivery paperwork and you're good to go.
great thanks for the info.. now I am wondering if it may be "worth-while" to wait for the March madness after the 15th??????:confused:

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TonyGXP said:
great thanks for the info.. now I am wondering if it may be "worth-while" to wait for the March madness after the 15th??????:confused:
I'd wait since incentives are non-existent right now.

White Diamond is finally available and my grandparents' Acadia is oficially ordered. I'm sure it will be one of few 2007s in that color.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts