GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well....the time has finally come! I've decided to ditch the Pacifica. It's been an absolute unit for our family. Aside from a few Uconnect quirks, it's been flawless. I'm at 28k miles now and nothing has gone wrong with it.

As for a new truck, I had a few absolute needs.

1. It had to have seating for 6. I'm a huge stickler that if we have two vehicles both need to carry all the members of the family. That immediately knocked out the Tundra. They don't offer a front bench seat in any trim.

2. Heated and ventilated seats. Yea, I know it's a weird need for a lot of you guys but during the summer, even in max A/C, I still sweat in the seats. It's annoying and I hate it. Guess what? That knocks out the Sierra but it's still got a chance! With the chip shortage they deleted some features so that was one that went.

3. I wanted power. Ram, Ford and GMC both all offer great powerplants. Ram eTorque is a great option. GMC has the sweet, sweet 6.2 yet, when you option it, GM deletes the front bench. So, Sierra is toast for sure. I like the 5.3 but it just doesn't have the extra power I want especially when the 6.2 is available.

It came down to the Ram Laramie CC, 4X4, Southwest Edition and Ford F150 Lariat CC 4X4.

We all know how well the Ram drives. It's fantastic. Easily best of the bunch. The F150 is right up there. It truly, truly surprised me how well it drove.

In the end....

I ordered....

Ford F150 CC 4X4, 6.5' bed with the Powerboost. Antimatter Blue with tan interior.

The options I picked were:

Powerboost
501A Group
Max Trailer Tow
CoPilot Assist
360 Degree Camera
Moonroof

Probably the #1 reason I picked the F150 is the powerboost. It's absolutely incredible to drive. The hybrid works seamless and the power, THE POWER. I do probably 90% city driving now so I should see a bump up in MPG from the Pacifica which has averaged right at 19MPG for it's life. Not bad for it's size but it's going to be nice to see a bump there.

The interior, while definitely not as nice as the Ram, is very well done. I love the layout and the full LCD IP is insanely crisp to see and there is a ton of adjustability and customization that can be done with it too. The seats are just perfect for me. While I did test drive a Lariat when it was about 50 degrees, the ventilated seats worked amazing and offered a very good cooling sensation to the good ole behind. I wont be doing much towing the first few years I have the truck but we have plans to get a smaller camper so that's where the max tow comes in.

I ordered it from a dealer out of state (!!!) that was offering all ordered trucks at a 3% off invoice. While it's not the best deal that we are used to seeing, especially if you bought a truck in 2018 and early 2019, I think those times are truly behind us. Ford is prioritizing all dealer sold orders and will even financially penalize dealers that put in sold orders that are for dealer stock.

I submitted the final order paperwork yesterday. Truck should be scheduled here within a few weeks and should be delivered in 8-14 weeks.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
Nice purchase!!! I'll be interested to see what you think about the Powerboost, you're the first guy I know to get one. Congrats!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Congrats!! I was interested in the Powerboost for the Expy/Navi, but alas that is not happening yet.

Pics are required when it arrives.....

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice purchase!!! I'll be interested to see what you think about the Powerboost, you're the first guy I know to get one. Congrats!
I just did a short test drive but it's certainly impressive. Crazy how fast a full size truck can be.

·
Premium Member
3,327 Posts
Nice! I look forward to your posts when it arrives. It's a shame you can't get a 6.2L w/ the flip up front bench seat. I have the bench in my 18 Silverado and it's come in handy. I was a stickler for the 6.2L as well (had it in a 2010 Yukon, 2014 Silverado, 2017 Yukon, 2019 Yukon, and three camaros) but when I drove this one w/ 5.3L and Z71 gears (3.42), it was spunkier than I remembered 5.3s. I put a 2.5" rough country lift, BFG KO2s, and borla ATAK exhaust. When I punch it, it buries the oil pressure to max and burns the tires. I can't complain. Hot little engine.

·
Premium Member
3,327 Posts
Not that it matters, but I was curious about the 6.2L and bench seat combo. I just used the "build it" function on their website and it is available in a Silverado with the RST package except when you select leather it automatically goes to buckets. Bummer. I don't think GM offers a bench in any config w/ heated and cooled seats. That's great Ford does.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you basically add any options to the bench trucks it makes them go to buckets. No way to override it sadly.

·
Registered
21,683 Posts
Shut the front door! 🤯
Congratulations! 🤩

If you basically add any options to the bench trucks it makes them go to buckets. No way to override it sadly.
Which is weird, isn't the "bench seat" really just a useable center-seat, I think the outer (driver/passenger) seats are the same. I recall looking (endlessly) for an LT or SLE with buckets, my 1999 Sierra SLE and 2001 Silverado LT had buckets, it was like a $400 option, had to settle for the bench in my 2008 and went LTZ in my 2013 because it was just too hard to find LT with buckets.

Anyway, I must add, the "Cooled Seats" in my 2015 F-150 were actually "cooled" not just air, but I'm not sure if they are still doing that, the "air" in my Sierra works alright, better than nothing.

Reactions: bballr4567

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shut the front door! 🤯
Congratulations! 🤩

Which is weird, isn't the "bench seat" really just a useable center-seat, I think the outer (driver/passenger) seats are the same. I recall looking (endlessly) for an LT or SLE with buckets, my 1999 Sierra SLE and 2001 Silverado LT had buckets, it was like a $400 option, had to settle for the bench in my 2008 and went LTZ in my 2013 because it was just too hard to find LT with buckets.

Anyway, I must add, the "Cooled Seats" in my 2015 F-150 were actually "cooled" not just air, but I'm not sure if they are still doing that, the "air" in my Sierra works alright, better than nothing.
It's pretty maddening honestly. I don't get it but I guess I'm not a product planner. Seems like the bench is a custom order in about 15% of the Lariats so it's not like a lot of people are getting it but there's enough.

Yea, Ford changed from the peltier device to a "fan" but it's better than nothing for sure. On the highest setting it pushes quite a bit of air.

·
Registered
18 F150 Sport 3.5, 18 WRX, 07 Town Car, 06 Explorer V8 Eddie Bauer
475 Posts
Congrats on the new truck and future trailer. Love my F150 too and it tows my camping trailer nice and easy.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice. I hope the wait for it isn't like forever for ya too.
A lot of XL, XLT and Lariats are getting their VIN# from orders placed the last week of Dec so I think I'll be good to good to go. It's the Limited, King Ranch and Platinums that are having a really long wait now.

·
Registered
21,683 Posts
So what is the MSRP how you have it configured? If I am reading Ford's Build & Price correctly, is the Hybrid option $1,900? Does that include the Bed Power, so it's not really that much?

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So what is the MSRP how you have it configured? If I am reading Ford's Build & Price correctly, is the Hybrid option $1,900? Does that include the Bed Power, so it's not really that much?
It's kind of funky because you can only buy 2022 MY but the 2021 build and price is the only one available and it doesn't have the right prices.

Almost every 2022 saw a 880 price increase except the XL which was 550 I think.

Powerboost is a 2500 option on 22s for Lariat. As you go higher in trims I think it's lower. You are correct that it does include the 2kW generator.

My MSRP is 64625. Im paying 58293 minus applicable rebates.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Congrats! I hope you have many happy miles with it.

Reactions: bballr4567

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Congrats!
I totally understand the seating requirements. Also prefer my crewcabs to have a front bench as well. Another annoying quirk that GM does by not allowing a 6.2/bench combo.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats!
I totally understand the seating requirements. Also prefer my crewcabs to have a front bench as well. Another annoying quirk that GM does by not allowing a 6.2/bench combo.
Well, if you are buying new, you're running short on options sadly. I think after this generation we might be done with them for sure.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Well, it wasn't picked up to be built last Thursday so I changed a few things.

Deleted max tow (as some things on it aren't available with the powerboost) and added the trailer tow and towing mirrors along with the bed utility package.

Let's hope it gets picked up this coming Thursday!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts