GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a thing tonight. After constraints were finally lifted, I ordered my dream truck.
2022 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Standard Bed 4x4
LTZ Z71 Sport Edition
Northsky Blue Metallic
Jet black heated/vented seats
Duramax
Snow plow/camper package
5th Wheel/Gooseneck package
LTZ plus
Convenience package 1 and 2
Safety package 1 and 2
Technology package
Sunroof
Roof marker lamps
Upfitter switches
high idle switch
Aux trailer camera
trailer tire sensors
floor liners w/ removable carpet inserts
hard tonneau cover

Cant wait!
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Plant Car

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Sounds a awesome package, thanks for buying Chevy supporting gm.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I‘ve been wanting a HD for decades and now I’m ready to use its awesome capability. Wish someone in the GMI group knew how I could see my truck being built or get videos of it being built. I’d sign any required non-disclosure agreements! It’s something very special that the engine is built here in the Dayton area and the truck is assembled in Flint. 🇺🇸

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
Wow! It's a beast - best of luck with it!!!!

Did they have any ideas when you can expect to have it?

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,265 Posts
That looks like it will be an awesome truck, congrats. I like how tough these new HD's look compared to the competition too.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Congrats!

So with things being the way they are (prices are crazy),how'd you manage buying without being put over a barrel (think the movie The Accused at the pinball table) ?.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow! It's a beast - best of luck with it!!!!

Did they have any ideas when you can expect to have it?
I was told orders are input on Tuesday's and then we'll see if GM accepts it. I ordered on Wednesday this week. I'll give an update next week.

·
Registered
6,828 Posts
Nice! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
34,893 Posts
That is awesome. Congratulations. Did you consider waiting to see the rumors we have been seeing about a1000 plus torque Duramax V8?

·
Premium Member
34,893 Posts
Yes, always consider rumors of features that may be available years from now, or never, when buying something.
Smarty pants, a little websearch would show that it’s expected late 2022

Anyways, the question was meant for Smith, not you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It might make a small difference if he's max-towing, which is unlikely as he got the 2500hd (assuming the rumor is correct AND gm actually ships it a year from now).

It's a question to make the O.P. feel bad/have doubts about buying a nice truck.

·
Premium Member
34,893 Posts
It might make a small difference if he's max-towing, which is unlikely as he got the 2500hd (assuming the rumor is correct AND gm actually ships it a year from now).

It's a question to make the O.P. feel bad/have doubts about buying a nice truck.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:,

No Time to ruin an otherwise lovely thread of someone that just purchased something that is a life long dream..

I am praying for many safe miles for him and his family…

1 - 20 of 25 Posts