GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been tracking my GMC order through the GMC chat function. Does anyone know the stages the auto-replies are for the bot? For example the first reply after ordering is: "Your order has been submitted by your dealer but has not officially been accepted by GM at this time" which refers to event code 1100. Then after event code 2000 it changes to: "Your vehicle order has been accepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process."

Does anyone know what comes next? I know I can get more information from asking for a representative, but I try to only ask via live representative once a week or less.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I have been tracking my GMC order through the GMC chat function. Does anyone know the stages the auto-replies are for the bot? For example the first reply after ordering is: "Your order has been submitted by your dealer but has not officially been accepted by GM at this time" which refers to event code 1100. Then after event code 2000 it changes to: "Your vehicle order has been accepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process."

Does anyone know what comes next? I know I can get more information from asking for a representative, but I try to only ask via live representative once a week or less.
What comes next is that your vehicle production will probably be delayed, with no information available to you. If it is built, it will languish somewhere due to a delay in shipping.

·
Registered
381 Posts
From the chev tracking thread, I've read that it's pointless to request updates more than once a week, as gm only updates their system info weekly (IIIRC, on Thursday?)...

·
Registered
22 Posts
The next reply is roughly 'Congrats, your vehicle has been produced and is ready for shipping! Refer to your dealer...' This means it should have hit 3800. I don't think the auto reply handles anything past that.

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
From the chev tracking thread, I've read that it's pointless to request updates more than once a week, as gm only updates their system info weekly (IIIRC, on Thursday?)...
Thats not always true if you are waiting to see if it updates to 2000 yes that would be Thursdays. But I have seen the codes change multiples in a day. 3800 to 4200 to 4300 then in the good days 4800 the next day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts