GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
The shape looks promising. I would love to see this as Saturn's answer to the Mazda5 and Kia's Rondo.
Sales weise, those are questions nobody asked, but I do see your point about a smaller car. GM needs to be careful they don't overload Saturn with models. Chevrolet has more than any other GM make and that's how it should be since they are GM's volume brand. GM needs to use the others as "specialty" brands not to compete with each other.

·
Registered
8,937 Posts
Despite its relatively small size, it seems to really optimize passenger space. That, combined with a smaller engine (read: [hopefully] fuel efficient, low horsepower), would seem to make this a great city car.

I liked the concept's design, though I'm guessing certain styling elements (the intricate headlamps, the door handles, and the shape of the side glass(?)) will be toned down for production. That's understandable, but it certainly takes away from the concept's "cheekiness."

·
Registered
269 Posts
This is a ultra cool looking vehicle packaged well. It is smaller than than the 1st generation Vue, and I think it would fit well in the Saturn Lineup. I believe there will be a lot of people out there looking for this size vehicle soon, who perceive the current Vue as too big/heavy, but would dig a stylish people hauler. From what I read, GM was looking at one possible configuration as a 4 bucket seater. I've wanted another 4 door vehicle with suicide doors since I sold my 39 Plymouth. This vehicle with the 1.6 DI Turbo, BAS+, and 6 speed auto (available with BAS+ according to GM) would be an unbeatable combo IMHO.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I may be stirring the pot here, but what if this was sold as a GMC so the BPG channel could have a small people-mover? Chevy doesn't really need this, and Saturn really needs to be pushing the Astra.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Nah I want the Corsa instead over here!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I may be stirring the pot here, but what if this was sold as a GMC so the BPG channel could have a small people-mover? Chevy doesn't really need this, and Saturn really needs to be pushing the Astra.
I must respectfully disagree. GMC pushes its professional grade image and this seems small and lower end. Saturn does need to push the Astra, but this would be a good match as another Opel-Saturn-Vauxhall connection.

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
Sources indicate the "suicide" rear doors from the concept model WILL appear on the production Meriva.

A gimmick like that alone would make Americans take notice.

Sort of the same way you can dazzle a chimp with a shiny object...

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Looks promising but dang, it looks like they got rid of that downward crank behind the B-pillar of the concept, unless I am thinking of another Opel concept. I like that same crank on the Saab Aero-X and the Hyundai coupe..opens up the greenhouse and adds interest.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.