GM Inside News Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 208 Posts
5,934 Posts
Re: Official? Pics of Insignia Leaked

Damn, the first thing I thought of when I saw that front-end was a NA Camry. Although the interior looks nicer than the Camry.

Good thing we won't see this in NA.

·
Registered
845 Posts

A tad diminutive up front, but sexy all around otherwise. Hopefully the expensive looking lights are retained for the Aura.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts

I had the same Camry thought as well, but then I realized I wouldn't have if it was pictured in any colour besides the "Boring Toyota Grey". Think about it, 90% of Camry's are in this nasty colour, so I think if this was anything else, the resemblance wouldn't be so obvious.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts

Damn, the first thing I thought of when I saw that front-end was a NA Camry. Although the interior looks nicer than the Camry.

Good thing we won't see this in NA.
Isn't this slated to be the next Aura or is this to small?

Also, the front is very Malibu'ish. I think its the wheels that are giving you the "Camary" look.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts

I was thinking more Rolla front end than Camry but that thing looks hottttt. Like sex on wheels. I cannot wait for AURA to debut as this!!! 6MT, AWD, and a HF Twin Turbo Red Line for 35k?

Can you spell possibly next car? (After Turbo Cobalt SS?)

CobaltSS

·
Registered
11,215 Posts

It is very Camryesque in the snout, but there's som 'Bu in there too as some have said. It is a great looking car inside and out! It'll make a wonderful Saturn Aura. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I can see the Camry in there - but the side profile, the shape of the greenhouse (and the "Chrome outline of the windows"), and a few other elements made me think of the older G35 for some reason.

I can see the other comparisons though.

·
Registered
117 Posts

OMG if that is the next interior of the Aura the game is OVA. Camry, Accord, Altima go back to the drawing board.:hyper:

·
Registered
699 Posts

Its a good looking car. Now if gm can just bring this car here with out any changes. Not like aura that was 500lbs heavier then opel version. IT will be great success.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts

Wow. This would make a compelling second generation Aura here in NA that I imagine would do better than the present generation, assuming it wasn't dumbed down too much.

Once again, I see Nissan and now G35 traits, which again is not a bad thing, based on Nissan/Infiniti's newer offerings.

Nicely done, if this really is the Insignia.

·
Registered
44,177 Posts

Looks to be a very efficient design!
Short overhangs... Good lines.... Center stack seems to be very clean and unique.

This is a very European look that won't attract many Americans not used to or resent European design. And that is exactly what Saturn needs to distance itself from the very American Chevrolet!!!!!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts

Not crazy about the dash, I hate the dash in the Astra.

Otherwise it's decent. A little Camry there but with a Saturn front it would have a different look.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts

The front end is ugly. Another victim of pedestrian safety standards. Ick.

Mark

·
Registered
2,209 Posts

It's a lil' more subdued than what I anticipated but an overall descent execution of an evolution in design of the Aura/Insignia. I think the bad camera angle detracts from the front fascia as it is difficult to make any car look good from this vanish point.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts

That is a very sweet looking car. Anybody want to photochop a Saturn grill on this thing?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts

Good heavens, it looks far better than I thought it would! Very sharp! Will make a fantastic Aura! :D

·
Registered
7,316 Posts

It looks pretty nice, but it looks like one of the designers sketching the car sneezed and drew a ??? and GM never did fix it. That's just weird. Again, otherwise it's pretty nice.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.