GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
This just makes me sad, knowing the Saturn version has been put on hold.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
yes!
and it has a manual too! awesome
BINGO

Everyone here should boycott GM products until they move that over here. There is no excuse not to have the manual (or the turbo four) in the new Aura.

Transmissions don't have a Euro-specific saftey standard. Bring that over here!

GM is stupid for putting the new Aura on hold.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Red aint bad, but I take a nice blue one. The interior is gorgeous, but over the top with buttons. Hopefully, the US version (whenever that come out) will get a nav.

·
Premium Member
34,351 Posts
Why did GM put the Aura on hold? What are they smoking for crying out loud. This thing would blow Acura TL/TSX/RL out of the pond

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
That's just beautiful!!
Absolutely beautiful!!
Import it -- even if it's built here. That as a German import would sell cars to people who don't want a "GM", which they look at as "domestic". It's why I'd use the Opel badge, hype up its Germaness, and with those looks it'll move iron.

Personally, and I obviously know nothing about what's happening, I can see GM figuring turning Saturn directly into Opel would be a simple, inexpensive, and logical thing to do. Maybe they "halted" production to simply order enough Opel badging ;).

·
Registered
44,160 Posts
Import it -- even if it's built here. That as a German import would sell cars to people who don't want a "GM", which they look at as "domestic". It's why I'd use the Opel badge, hype up its Germaness, and with those looks it'll move iron.

Personally, and I obviously know nothing about what's happening, I can see GM figuring turning Saturn directly into Opel would be a simple, inexpensive, and logical thing to do. Maybe they "halted" production to simply order enough Opel badging ;).
I would love to bring Opel back into the US; however, the necessary marketing to reintroduce the brand to the US isn't possible. Nor would GM do a good job at it because GM would stress it's "GM-ness" as an advantage or something stupid.

GM just needs to know how to treat Saturn and to tout that it is the "anti-GM" car. Saturn still has a lot of goodwill. Make it the import fighter it was once tasked to do. And they can do it by bringing in all the Opels to the US.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
That is stunning!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts