GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What should Cadillac offer as a Convertible?
December 24th, 2014
by MonaroSS

Now the CTS-V has arrived:
Here is what Santa
needs to bring next

And why not go over the top with a CTS-RS.... :D

I posted some of these late in a Cadillac discussion thread but I've done some more and thought the idea of them might help with the Holiday Spirit.

Many liked my 'no rising waistline' CTS Convertible at bottom, but I think you will agree the CTS-V makes for a better starting point.

If Cadillac did do these vehicles I would like to see a little more differentiation from the sedan, perhaps as I have done, with using the grille treatment from the Elmiraj...

What do you think, tell us and come back to comment on what others thought as well...

;)

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Re: OpEd Cadillac Christmas Wish

Beautiful. Who do I make the check out to?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts

Does the chick come with the V convertible?

Joking aside, that V convertible looks perfect. Nice work, as always.

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

The good news about a CTS-V Convertible would be that it would come in AWD.

To avoid torque twist in the frame they would have to torque limit the engine; and that means they could use the AWD system...

Yes, it would not be as fast as the Sedan or Coupe, but do you buy a Convertible to drag race?

;)

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,394 Posts

Looks great! Since I'm not in this league, price-wise, I'll wish for an AWD Verano (turbo of course) under my tree at some point...

·
Registered
666 Posts

MonaroSS, thank you for doing these latest Cadillac images.

Is it true that you did a rendering of the NG Malibu "groundbreaking design" here last week? If so, can you please direct me to where it's at?

Would you please consider doing a rendering of the NG Buick Verano and Buick LaCrosse, based on the camouflaged spy photos that have surfaced? And also, if you would, I'd like to know how you might re-design a NG Buick Encore.

Thank you very much, and Merry Christmas to you!

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

MonaroSS, thank you for doing these latest Cadillac images.

Is it true that you did a rendering of the NG Malibu "groundbreaking design" here last week? If so, can you please direct me to where it's at?

Would you please consider doing a rendering of the NG Buick Verano and Buick LaCrosse, based on the camouflaged spy photos that have surfaced? And also, if you would, I'd like to know how you might re-design a NG Buick Encore.

Thank you very much, and Merry Christmas to you!
It was just a quickie, can't remember where, so quicker to post it here for you...

;)

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts

Had not really thought about it. Did this quick chop, what do people think?

;)
Fantastic!

There's a lot that Cadillac could do with the CTS's chassis in terms of size and proportions. We've seen the product plans for Cadillac through 2020 but it was unclear if one of those products was the CTS coupe.

I understand a product like the Elmiraj will take time but this is doable. I'd be very disappointed if they didn't make it happen. The ATS coupe is not a substitute for this car.

·
Registered
666 Posts

It was just a quickie, can't remember where, so quicker to post it here for you...
Thank you very much!

Your Chevrolet Malibu rendering is curvy and beautiful (honestly, it appeals to me much more than your latest Cadillac designs, not that I dislike them) - and that's coming from a Buick guy! I can only hope that the NG Buick Regal is just as good-looking and groundbreaking!

1 - 20 of 128 Posts