GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just wanted to warn everybody on this website www.BatteriesAreUs.com. I've had a very unpleasant experience with the retailer and I found another person on another message board that had the same experience. I don't want others to have to deal with the crap that I had to deal with from this retailer. Here's my story...

I placed an order on Dec-9, 2003 for an Optima battery. I received one email when I signed up for an account on the website and one email confirming my order. My Discover card was immediately charged by this retailer. However, whenever I would look at my order on the website, it would always say "payment processing". After a couple days, I tried to send the website owner an email via his own website. After no response I sent a few more messages. Still no response. I then sent him numerous emails. Again, no response. Finally, Dec-17, 2003 I get an email from UPS stating that they've received this guy's billing information but they had no records of him dropping off the battery to them nor did they have any record of them picking the battery up from him. So, I sent him more emails. Yet again, no response. I was now getting ****ed. Fortunately, the only two emails I received from him had his name and one of them had the state he lived in. I then went out on the Internet to see if he had an address or phone number listed. Sure enough, he did. I called his house and his wife answered the phone. I told her how unhappy I was that I was getting no response back from him about my order. She assured me that he'd call me back at the number I gave her. I never received a phone call. I finally had to resort to disputing the charges on my Discover card. They temporarily refunded the charges until they could verify that I need did not receive the battery I purchased. Guess what's on the door step today? You got it. A week after contacting my credit card about this, the battery shows up. At this point I've already purchased the battery locally b/c I never thought I'd get the one I ordered from this website. Now I'm stuck with two batteries. Hesitantly I emailed this guy one more time telling him I didn't need or want the battery he finally shipped to me. He actually had the nerve to come back and tell me that he sent mulitple emails to me and even a shipping confirmation. Well, the multiple emails he sent me are the same two emails I mentioned at the top of this post. Now, I have finally convinced him to send UPS back here to pick up the battery and ship it back to him. But I'll believe it when I see it.

Update:

Wow, this is crazy. Two emails from this guy in one day. He just sent me a message saying I can keep the battery he shipped me but he needs my credit card information again to refund the charges. Oh, and this time he replied from a totally different email account...and a hotmail account at that! He must think I'm an idiot.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
quite interesting. never provide CC details over email. you're just asking for trouble if you do. but luckily you seem to already understand that. :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I hate those type of people. There the ones who should be penciled in for a visit from the angel of death. Or locked into portable toilets and set on fire....i can go on and on about these jerkoffs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts