GM Inside News Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what every one was thinking.Would you rather have a screaming gas eating high performance camaro or a car that couldn't live up to its anscestors something with a v-6 good on gas get you around town type of vehicle.Me personally I would have the v-8 high performance. Gas prices are gonna do what they are going to do whether we like it or not. On the same note everything else will go up.The cost of living. Your'e groceries as you may have noticed allready. It is what i call the growing dollar. Soon the dollar will be the same as a penny. Well maybe not soon but i think you get the idea. Please take all things into consideration before you make up your'e mind and remember there is no wrong answer. I know somw you are thinking that the gas prices are getting outrageous,well i agree there is nothing more i would like to see than the gas prices dropping like crazy. till next time. (pupp1)

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Gas prices might "do what there gonna do" but car companies are not going to invest millions of dollars on cars they do not think will sell. Also the enviormentalists and the Congress are really starting to get on the big three about gas mileage. Cafe standards are going to get tougher weather people like it or not. When the head of a major car company (Ford) is calling for higher gas prices you know big changes are in the wind.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Thread revival time! Is pupp1 still around?

I wonder if he's happy the Camaro is coming!

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
I would rather have both. A smaller more efficient car to drive more frequently. Then a fire breathing weekend car that re-injects some enthusiasm into the driving experience. With that said I would have no problem buying the V6 Camaro if it was my only car since it still makes enough power to create a little fun.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I don't get why you have to have only a v6 to get decent mpg and only a v8 to get good power. I'd bet a low displacement LS v8 with DI tuned to 300 hp and at least 300 lb-ft of torque would get essentially the same mpg, weight, and cost as the 3.6 DOHC v6. And then you still have that v8 sound that is important to many muscle car fans.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.