GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I went over they had a celebration for McLaughlin-Buicks here in Oshawa (I think 100 years). Anyways it was all Buicks new and old. Check it out! Oh as the for mansion lets see if anyone recognizes it (;) STOP LOOKING AT ME SWAN) **hint.

This car was supposed to be buried in a quarry

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
back in the day wasn't Sloan pissed because the McLaughin Buicks were a lot better than the American Buicks?

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Call me crazy.....but that blown Century is my favorite...the interiors from that era have always looked good to me :)

As for the mansion.....will drop another hint....

Oh Veronica Vaughn! Soooooo hot! Want to touch the hiney! Arrroooooooo! :D

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Well the mansion is no brainer to those who pay a little attention to history. Heck even several famous movies were filmed there...

Billy Madison
X-Men

·
Registered
962 Posts
Forgot all about that Century--what a find! I would imagine it's very rare in that trim. Maybe this thread shut morph into a post a Buick picture thread. Would be cool to see more Buicks that some may have never seen or completley forgot about---get us away from all this doom and gloom as of late and get back to what really made GM.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Call me crazy.....but that blown Century is my favorite...the interiors from that era have always looked good to me :)
You're crazy! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nudie Magazine Day!!!Nudie Magazine Day!!!Nudie Magazine Day!!!Nudie Magazine Daaaaay!!!:D:D:D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like that Century too, what kind of chassis was that? (same as citation)

I would definitely buy one of those old convertibles they are cool. 60's style, good times in the car world.

I didn't see any Skyhawks, newer Regal GS', Park Avenues, Terrazas, Skylarks, etc.
I like the 97 - up Regal GS its a nice car, sporty but elegant and comfortable.

You guessed right about the mansion, when i go there i feel like Adam Sandler, the fountain part is the backyard thats where he had all his parties.

·
Registered
481 Posts
jb1986 GM-

Don't let the hatch on that Century fool you. That's on the same chassis as the Malibu/Grand Am/LeMans/Monte Carlo/Grand Prix/Cutlass/Regal from 1978. It's RWD, so that turbo could be put to good use. Well, probably nothing too impressive stock, but build it up like a GNX...

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
I like that Century too, what kind of chassis was that? (same as citation)

I would definitely buy one of those old convertibles they are cool. 60's style, good times in the car world.

I didn't see any Skyhawks, newer Regal GS', Park Avenues, Terrazas, Skylarks, etc.
I like the 97 - up Regal GS its a nice car, sporty but elegant and comfortable.

You guessed right about the mansion, when i go there i feel like Adam Sandler, the fountain part is the backyard thats where he had all his parties.
Citation was an X body, Century was an A body if memory serves.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I too like the Century. I actually liked the interiors of those years GM cars or like my 2. That is indeed the RWD midsized chassis used in the A-bodies and the later G-bodies I believe. Correct me if my info is wrong. These cars and the B-bodies of these years were to me some of GMs best, even if they did have some questionable engines those years due to the EPA sticking their nose where it sometimes didnt belong.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Don't let the hatch on that Century fool you.

It's not even a hatch, these have a regular trunk just like a sedan, this was the not to popular "aeroback" body style that was offered on the Cutlass Salon and Buick Century sedans and coupes(though the Regal and Cutlass Supreme still had "regular" style bodies) from 1978-1980, in 1980 they dropped the Century and Salon coupes, and restyled the sedans, sales took off and they ran the sedan bodystlye though then end of the RWD midsizers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts