GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"NEW YORK - Oil prices tumbled more than $3 a barrel Tuesday as Tropical Storm Dolly grew increasingly unlikely to threaten supply, knocking out one more reason traders had to prop up prices.

The sell-off was a throwback to last week's sharp declines, and dragged crude to its lowest level since early June. A stronger dollar helped keep prices in check."

Yahoo News

Link http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/oil_prices

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I saw gas was $4.16 at a cheapy gas station in Sacramento today. I hadn't seen it that low in Cali in a long time. I will kiss the gas attendant on the lips if I see gas go down below $3.00 per gallon.

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
Good news! I hope they keep falling, but at the same time people be mindful about conserving and continue to buy vehicles that don't use as much fuel. Making sure you're not subject to the whims of the market is just common sense. Also, you're doing your part as well to keep gas prices low buy using less of it.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
I think the gas stations around me are price gouging, the price of oil is going down but their prices stay the same. Some even went up slightly, and others charge up to and over 10 cents more per gallon more than other near by stations. We usually go to Port Jervis to fill up since it's just over the PA border, and fuel is actually 10's of cents cheaper there.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
I hope that no one sees this as an excuse to go out and buy a SUV or GM an excuse to go out and build another SUV because we all know that its going to come down then go right back up.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I saw gas was $4.16 at a cheapy gas station in Sacramento today. I hadn't seen it that low in Cali in a long time. I will kiss the gas attendant on the lips if I see gas go down below $3.00 per gallon.
Well slap me sideways.....I remember posting this, and after a brief search I found it again.
The reason I remembered this post was because gas is now $2.99 on Travis AFB. Amazing. Thankfully there was no gas attendant around......the inventor of the credit card swipe-at-pump machine is the man! ;)

OK, for real, I will kiss my car if gas goes below $2.00 per gallon! lol

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I paid $2.299 for RUG for the F150 this afternoon on the way to work. That's the first tank of gas I've fed the truck since last July. Gas was $3.759 back then, and it cost me $90.86 to fill the tank. It was $54.29 for the tank today, and I pumped within .6 gallons of the last fill. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll actually get lucky enough to see it drop under the $2 mark by the end of the year.

·
Registered
245 Posts

I want you to pucker up and kiss the guy! ...the big, hairy, sweaty, and not-so sexy guy...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Come on, it can't be that bad kissing a gas station attendant when it's me, right?

We're still stuck at $3.159 at my station though.

·
Registered
282 Posts
$2.39 spotted yesterday in Lawrenceburg, KY. I expect to see it dip a little below $2.00 around here by the end of the year, at least for a little while. The test will come next Summer when the annual price spike occurs. Will it get back up to $4.00 or will it stay under $3.00?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Good news! I hope they keep falling, but at the same time people be mindful about conserving and continue to buy vehicles that don't use as much fuel. Making sure you're not subject to the whims of the market is just common sense. Also, you're doing your part as well to keep gas prices low buy using less of it.

I work for a GM dealership in sales. I and friends of mine who work at Toyota and Honda stores have seen a huge DECREASE in traffic. I don't think you have to worry about too many people buying anything for a while.

·
Registered
107 Posts
since the crash of the stock market,

It is just crazy, i sold 6 cars in the first 10 days then in the last 2 weeks...

1 ,,, 1 Car!!!!!!!!!
1 Car!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I hope that all the speculaters, that jumped the July oil futures in June loose their shirts.

How many Instant Job losses, Plant Closures, Bankruptcies, and desparation trades for vehicles that don't really fit their needs, but do get great mileage, did their Speculation cause?

Yes it is just a bump, and maybe the way of the future, but GM,Ford both jumped on plant closing, shutting down model lines way to quickly.I said that in the beginning, "What if Gas goes back to $2.00/gallon?"

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
since the crash of the stock market,

It is just crazy, i sold 6 cars in the first 10 days then in the last 2 weeks...

1 ,,, 1 Car!!!!!!!!!
1 Car!!!!!!
It is dead here too, atleast there are some people coming back on the lot here in the last 2-3 days. The 2 week before that there was not even any lookers. They were at home looking at the 20-50 grand their RRSP's 401K's have lost.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Is that likely to happen?
That will depend on how long this economic implosion continues. The markets completely ignored OPEC's announcements to cut production by 1.5mbpd. There is currently a glut of oil on the market due to the abrupt drop in demand worldwide. We're only 30 cents above that mark locally.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well slap me sideways.....I remember posting this, and after a brief search I found it again.
The reason I remembered this post was because gas is now $2.99 on Travis AFB. Amazing. Thankfully there was no gas attendant around......the inventor of the credit card swipe-at-pump machine is the man! ;)

OK, for real, I will kiss my car if gas goes below $2.00 per gallon! lol
well here at Vance, it's not the best, but go off base to walmart (they increased the 3 cent off to 7 cent off if you use a wally world gift card... it's under 2.00$

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
That will depend on how long this economic implosion continues. The markets completely ignored OPEC's announcements to cut production by 1.5mbpd. There is currently a glut of oil on the market due to the abrupt drop in demand worldwide. We're only 30 cents above that mark locally.
Oh so once the economy recovers fuel prices will slowly creep back up, that sucks. Oh well I will try to enjoy it while it last, fuel is finally $2.70 here. Another 40 cents less and it will be back to 2005 prices.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I've seen 2.179 somewhere around here, I think it was Virginia Beach. Our gas prices have always been below the average. I tend to doubt that they will stay this way, at least no longer than it takes to get most of the alternative energy plans off of the table.

Lately, anywhere I've bought gas for the car (I fill up weekly), it is not too long before I see lower prices somewhere else.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts