GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cadillac signs lease for space near SoHo in Manhattan.
Detroit Free Press
November 13, 2014
By: Greg Gardner

Cadillac's new headquarters in New York will be in the 330 Hudson building in an area between SoHo and Greenwich Village after it signed a lease for 34,000 square feet.

The building is owned by Beacon Capital Partners, Ivanhoé Cambridge and Callahan Capital Properties. Cadillac plans to move about 100 people there next spring.

"We are thrilled to see Cadillac come to 330 Hudson," said Brian Robin, senior vice president at Callahan Capital Properties. "Hudson Square is among New York's most dynamic neighborhoods in which to live and work. The Cadillac team will enjoy the unique atmosphere and amenities that our tenants experience every day."

Cadillac announced in September it would move its marketing headquarters to New York to better build its brand and get a closer look at behavior and trends driving luxury goods beyond the Midwest.

Full article available at link.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
I'm going to be in town in a couple of weeks. I'll make a point of walking by.

Reactions: RedSkyBlackDream

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Very nice choice. The bottom portion of the building was completed in 1910 and the upper portion was built in 2013 following a complete restoration of the exterior and a rennovation of the interior. That seems to dovetail rather nicely with Cadillacs rennaisance.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'm more concerned with the individuals who will be working there. I'm not hating or anything but these same individuals who have done nothing for Cadillac so far now have a nicer office/place to work in NYC just to continue to sit back and kick their feet up in? I'd say every employee (or most of them) in this new location should come from outside of the company.

Am I missing something? If so, fill me in.

·
Registered
21,338 Posts
OK, so Cadillac's HQ is in New York, now what!?

Meaning, what is wrong with Cadillac right now, and what is moving the Marketing Department to NY (and far away from R&D and the Product/Platform Teams) going to fix?

I'm trying REALLY hard............... but I don't get it, sure better ads wouldn't hurt, but there are a lot of cars in all segments of the auto market that sell a ****-load of units, with minimal ad budgets.

A cooler commercial, a nicer brochure and fancier e-mail?

Haven't we always accused GM executive of being isolated on the top floors of the Ren-Cen and so out of touch with reality? This is going to fix that!?

Reactions: Envoy4Life

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
OK, so Cadillac's HQ is in New York, now what!?

Meaning, what is wrong with Cadillac right now, and what is moving the Marketing Department to NY (and far away from R&D and the Product/Platform Teams) going to fix?

I'm trying REALLY hard............... but I don't get it, sure better ads wouldn't hurt, but there are a lot of cars in all segments of the auto market that sell a ****-load of units, with minimal ad budgets.

A cooler commercial, a nicer brochure and fancier e-mail?

Haven't we always accused GM executive of being isolated on the top floors of the Ren-Cen and so out of touch with reality? This is going to fix that!?
Yeah really.

I guess this might give the Marketing Dept, the required arrogance and snootiness it is perceived that they require. So, we'll see.

Cadillac's marketing is fairly sucky, so anything will be an improvement. In the grand scheme of things, this move probably doesn't cost much - comparitively.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
And to others, there is a lot (A LOT) more to marketing than advertisements.
Very true. The biggest role of marketing as I see it is to determine the needs and wants of the customer. And then to use that to determine the trends for the future and develop a product strategy to meet those requirements.

I will agree having Marketing seperate from Engineering presents some challenges. I work in product development and our engineering department is 500 miles from our marketing department.

·
Registered
21,338 Posts
Yeah really.

I guess this might give the Marketing Dept, the required arrogance and snootiness it is perceived that they require. So, we'll see.

Cadillac's marketing is fairly sucky, so anything will be an improvement. In the grand scheme of things, this move probably doesn't cost much - comparitively.
So here I thought they were too arrogant, and the truth is they aren't arrogant enough.

They better move out of the Ren Centre too then.

And to others, there is a lot (A LOT) more to marketing than advertisements.

Such as; new Logo, a cool App? I'm listening...........

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
a Flagship dealership downstairs would be great
I've said for a while it would be a help to Cadillac as a brand to have a small, very beautiful showroom of some kind in Manhattan. But I feel that showroom should be near Cadillacs competition and they are in the 50's along Park Avenue.

Though I think Cadillac may well have a car on display in the lobby of 330 Hudson.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
I've said for a while it would be a help to Cadillac as a brand to have a small, very beautiful showroom of some kind in Manhattan. But I feel that showroom should be near Cadillacs competition and they are in the 50's along Park Avenue.

Though I think Cadillac may well have a car on display in the lobby of 330 Hudson.
We're going to be doing some development work near Grand Central... it would be amazing to take that opportunity to put a real world-class dealership for all the commuters going back to CT and upstate to pass by on a daily basis.

http://newyorkyimby.com/2014/06/new-details-released-for-one-vanderbilt.html

1 - 20 of 54 Posts